[Suggestion] /staff Layout Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PenguinDJ, Jun 2, 2015.

?

New /staff layout as stated here?

Yes, as stated 21 vote(s) 77.8%
I like the current one 3 vote(s) 11.1%
A change, but not to what's suggested 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Something similar to what's suggested 3 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. Instead of this:

2015-06-02_19.54.05.png

How about a new layout:

Online Staff:
    SMP2: Aphaea, B4DMAN5IMON
    SMP6: Dramanya
    SMP8: BlackKnight1021

This new layout would be much easier to read. What do you think?
  2. I never actually thought about this, But I like that idea
    +1 from me.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  3. +0, I do agree that it would be easier to read and look a bit nice but I see no real need for it to change besides it looking a bit more pleasurable to the eyes.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. +1
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. +1
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  6. I like this idea, neater usually is better :)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  7. Although not a dramatic effect, it feels more nicely ordered and structured. +1!
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  8. +100
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  9. The current method was designed to limit spam so that if all staff are on different servers, it wouldn't crowd the chat.
    607, ww2fan168 and AwesomeBuilder33 like this.
  10. I love the idea! +1

I accidently clicked the wrong thing in the poll, because I thought the suggestion was something else.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  11. Hmm... while I understand the spam issue, I think I'd prefer this suggested layout over the current one. Even if there were staff members on all 10 servers (which is pretty unlikely) it wouldn't be much more crowded than /res info on certain residences or a long streak of using /ps. :)
    607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  12. To be honest the layout isn't really that much of an issue. Most people who use /staff are either looking for a specific staff member or determining if any of them are online. I've rarely seen someone use /staff to pull up an SMP and determine if a staff member is on it. In fact, I think /who smp# do that specific job far more effectively in my opinion.

Also, we only see more than 8 staff members online for a couple hours a day at the most. If we consistently had a dozen or more staff online at any given time, then the suggestion would be plausible as the list would get messy pretty quickly, thus making the differences between the two almost moot. As it stands right now though, it probably should stay the way it is.
    QuilladinAddict7 and ww2fan168 like this.
  13. You may have a +1 from the Caster of Faith.

+1
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  14. if it's listed vertical, there will be a bit more spam but if it can some how form into horizontal I would go with it but for now, I like the current one
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. We're really not looking to update this as the code is also used for /chat who on moderator, and rather keep it consistent, and we really have more beneficial things to work on instead
  16. Hm, I like both.
    PenguinDJ likes this.