{Suggestion} SMP Mayor

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by sharky200, May 10, 2013.

1. I see it more for fun than politics, so there wouldn't be friend against friend
  2. But.....
    As I said before a trouble maker with tons of followers could run for mayor and he would win because he has tons of followers. Also, the people are very easily manipulated. The admins aren't. As I said before, politicians cheat, lie, and back-stab. They could lie to the people about something, and if the staff couldn't control it then it would be chaos.
  3. If you want fun in politics, I'm sure you could go join some sort of clan or group where you can run for leader. Other than that, I'm not replying anymore because I can use my time otherwise.
    Have a wonderful Saturday.
  4. Sadly, some griefers are clever.

I'll use jlopez as an example. Many people trusted him, shared their bases with him, and all sorts of stuff like that. He turned around and stabbed those people in the back, by griefing them. He was, of course, caught - however he did damage.

If players had voted him into being a Mayor, he could very easily abuse the 'automatic trust' he'd gain from being the Mayor. He'd have more locations to grief, and could have caused all kinds of havoc.

I'm not saying you're idea is a bad one - I just don't think it's something that would fit with EMC. :)
    Adderwolf71 likes this.
  5. I mean that's all true, I don't know, just wanted to share an idea and I agree with everyone :D , thanks for pointing out the flaws