{Suggestion} SMP Mayor

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by sharky200, May 10, 2013.

1. You can't be that new, I've only been here for 453 Days and I think everyone stopped using it 3-4 months ago.
  2. It must have been when I became active on the forums, Also I believe I am 415ish Days Old
  3. I don't really like this idea. I would never want someone telling me what and what not to do. Because the staff already does that ;). Also, as Dwight stated previously, you are the mayor..... of your residence. If you want to have some sort of leader, there are tons of clans, factions and wild outpost groups that you can join.
    *coughcoughlookdowncough*
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  4. They wouldn't tell people what to do, It would just be for fun, and just to have your name as mayor for a month and you would try to get people to vote for you, it's not like they would tell people to do
  5. Then what would be the point of being mayor if you do nothing?
    Choongjae likes this.
  6. I didn't.... I was.... Traveling? I guess you can say that...
  7. The point of being the mayor is to be the name someone could go to for help, it's not like the mayor should get things others can't but they get the name of mayor for the month and they have to run for re election.
  8. image.jpg
  9. Please explain :)
  10. You made it sound like I was saying that the meme should be banned, I was saying that I thought it was banned.
  11. Meh.
  12. This is how the Hunger Games started.
  13. I sincerely hope you are joking.
    That is exactly what the staff does. They are people that you can go to if you need help.
  14. Dude, what is your problem, I never said that this should happen, I wouldn't be able to control what they do, it was just an idea from me and you don't have to be mean about that, and I never even said this was a good idea so please calm down on your post
  15. On EMC, people shouldn't have to need a name of someone to ask for help. We should all be out there helping people that need it, and answering any questions in chat. :)
    Adderwolf71 likes this.
  16. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm pointing out the flaws and problems in your idea, and that is exactly what people in suggestion box do.
    As Jack said before, nobody needs to go to one person to ask for help, all you need to do is say "Hi, can you help me? [insert question here]" I was also wondering why you said "I never said that this should happen". That would imply that you don't want the idea, which means you shouldn't have put it in the suggestion box. Also, I never said that you control them.
    Have a nice day.
  17. Omg I have repeated over and over that people should help other people, but I'm just saying that they can be called the mayor for the month, it would just be fun to hold elections and have people competing.
  18. I don't think it would be fun to have an election. Have you seen any of the election commercials around voting year? The politicians lie, back-stab, and hate each other. It would turn friends against friends, just because they want the title of mayor. A better way to get "Mayor" on your name would be helping out others, respecting the staff and following the rules. Someone that is a trouble-maker that has a ton of followers could run, and the next thing you know, a robber and griefer is our leader.
  19. How would a griefer or a robber be elected if people don't like the player, the point of the election would to elect people who you respect and people who can help you. And people that are griefer a or robbers wouldn't be well know. It would be good because instead of letting the admins chose, the people would chose ( just an idea)