[Suggestion] Site Ignore

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Roslyn, Sep 23, 2014.

?

Cool?

Yey 16 vote(s) 55.2%
Nay 12 vote(s) 41.4%
Could be (Explain with post) 1 vote(s) 3.4%
  1. but there already is /ignore in game.. so, this already happens anyway. so why not on the site as well?
    i really don't think people will be going around ignoring every single person without a reason. if you ignore that person who's bothering you, you wont miss not seeing their posts and they (should) know why they no longer will see yours.

but i'm also not understanding why half of the things are brought up in here? some of you are saying that someone isn't going to see someones post because someone ignored this person, as if its hidden to every one.. which isn't correct.
    it'll only be between those two people, so it isn't like anyone will ever be missing someone, as i said, when you ignore someone you don't want to see their posts, so you wont miss it not being there.. and the other person should know very well why they were ignored by that person.. so no one is going to not get things answered because someone has someone else ignored...
    dresden72 likes this.
  2. Nope.

Heres why (to put it simply)

Player A is on my ignore list.
    Player B makes a thread about a subject
    Player A replies to the thread making a good point/asking a question
    All focus is on his question and is debated heavily.
    I, have no clue whats going on and get confused because I can't see that he's posted.
    Confusion and annoyance grow.

Implementing this would not be smart, we can't like everybody, in my long time here there are many people I've had strong dislikes for, you can't just click an ignore button on somebody in real life.. and if they really are an issue then you can always message Krys/Max.

Just my £0.02.
    607, wisepsn, jkjkjk182 and 1 other person like this.
  3. in threads, if someone quotes someone, which happens often. i'd assume that that little quote part in another players post would still show up enabling you to read it? if it was talked about a lot, i am almost positive someone would quote the entire thing. and it also isn't that hard to figure out what a question was to begin with with how people respond to it, some people even reword the question or break it down in their own words and explain how they feel with each part.
    i have no experience with knowing that completely though, so my thoughts may be wrong. ?

but even so like i said, i don't think people will just go around ignoring everyone without a reason. without that person knowing why they were ignored, because before they were ignored that person would have at least tried to work things out.

you may not be able to ignore people in real life, block them from complete contact or even you from seeing them if you walked past them.. but some people have had some pretty bad life events that they just don't want to see that person anymore.

i know this feeling, and i would love for that.. then i could go to the store, the park, out to eat.. and not constantly have to be looking over my shoulder for that person to be there because the slightest view of the person could cause flashbacks or an anxiety attack.
    this isn't to get back at someone for ignoring them, its just.. helps. i kind of understand why its bad, but i can't see many more reasons why not other than things that are simple to get around.
    dresden72 likes this.
  4. Love it! Make it so. +1
    battmeghs likes this.
  5. Maybe this will help with ignoring people who you don't want to talk to in pm. (Zoom in to read it :p)
    I think this solves your problems because ignoring someone from public forums will never come. And this is making sure that only people you follow can pm you so just don't follow your haters :p. (I'm pretty sure problem solved)
    battmeghs, wisepsn and AlexChance like this.
  6. I'm not sure if this has already been said in the same fashion, but I'd like to add that /ignore in game and an ignore feature on the site would be completely different. /Ignore in-games is also for things like unruly players, people you just can't seem to resolve issues with and more, all the while catering to a much larger group.

Any reason anyone would want an ignore feature on the site is for the purpose of silly things like friend drama - real issues get resolved with or without staff. All this does is divide the community and instead of resulting in people working their issues out in a mature manner, just leads to hard feelings and adhesion in our much closer-knit forum community.
    Dwight5273, battmeghs and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. Yes, and you can even edit it to have only people you follow send messages on your profile page and view details as well!
    But like I said, even if somehow ignore was implemented onto the forums, many variables and issues would have to be fixed. For now, it seems like a waste of time, especially when we already have those settings. /ignore from ingame and /ignore on forums would be completely different.
    battmeghs likes this.
  8. Only way I can EVER see this working is instead of hiding the post, minimize it (similar to how staff see deleted posts), with an option to show it. After Xenforo's updated, that's just a simple template edit.
  9. I completely agree with jkjkjk182.