[Suggestion] Shulker Box Empty

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Hey,

This is something I think is in dire need of.

When you are on a server with none of your reses, and you have a shulker full of stuff. Why not have a command like so:
    /Shulker Empty
    By doing so this command would empty all its contents into your inv. Any items that cant fit would then either stay in the chest or drop like the way the mail system works.

This would help so much for when you are on other servers that you cant place.

Finch
    607, Elite and SkeleTin007 like this.
  2. I think that would be useful
  3. This is what the waste is for. Just walk down the stairs and place the shulker, transfer items from shulker to vault or the other way around. Sure, it takes a few extra minutes but it wont kill ya ;)
    607 likes this.
  4. But when you cant as you have no Pick or tools on you...
    Then you end up spending money from going and grabbing tools to break it and come back.

There have been many times when i am even on an alt and i have no tools and only way is to get a friend on that server to do it for me.
  5. Deja Vu - I asked staff about this in the past, and tried thinking of many alternatives.

I do see a few issues and possibly solutions that would need to be resolved in having it in command form:

1) If you want to keep particular items in the box, having it empty it would take away from choosing what fills your inventory

2) By trying to resolve #1 Issue, if you were to have it in say a /vault style inventory, to pop up on a gui, that would mean that individuals could essentially have multiple inventories on them at all time, without needing to go back and forth (then again, is that an issue, or a feature? xD)

3) An alternative /vault style could be a solution ... however, it be say a 5 slot inventory for regular, 9 slot inventory for supporter that could hold shulkers with the items in it, so you could take it to the server you want .... the problem with that is shulker boxes inventories would need to be serialized just like regular inventories ... however, as long as you can't open them while in the vault (extra vault pages) then it shouldn't be that bad

4) I'd at least want /shulker empty to not drop items on the ground, especially if it's a stack of shells - that's a lot of money

5) Currently opening/closing chests can be logged (afaik) if you were to temporarily pass a chest to someone, and he/she ran the command, the contents might be logged, so that way if someone cleared it before placing it down, and it was missing items, who knows who might've taken them

6) Away around issue #5 would be to set an owner of the shulker box... but if you were to sell it or give it away, then that might defeat the purpose \(^^)/

All I could think of atm
    FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  6. You can actually break them with your fists - but the shear fact of having to manually run back and forth, especially if you have a whole inventory full, would be why a command form would still make things easier.
    607 and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  7. Tuqueque likes this.
  8. Well, you have to get a pickaxe...

But keeping a pickaxe in your vault won't hurt.