[Suggestion] Show derelict players in /friends list

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perhaps vote of a number of active players.
    It shouldn't be permanent - perhaps for half year or one year.
    I'm not thinking about saving a friends res just because it is a friend,
    but about builds that have a value for the server - for the community.

A voucher is for all residences of a player, but perhaps only one of them is worth saving.

This is not easy to organize - that e.g. 20 people would each give $5 to buy a voucher.
    Perhaps it would work if supported on the EMC website,
    you might want to check if there is enough interest in the community for such function.

EDIT:
    we have /res forceclaim which is quite often abused to just delete or to take over residences and then try to sell them.

How about "/res reportuseful" that adds some time to the derelict timer.
    Or "/res like" that adds to rating of a residence and adds some time to the derelict timer.
    ShelLuser and WardleDeBoss like this.
  2. Ok guys... I've re-read the thread a few times and I think we have some good arguments in favor and against. But I also see that the discussion is moving away from the initial suggestion: I started out with the friends list, and the option to clean it up every once in a while, and we ended up discussing the preservation of residences :)

Nothing wrong with that perse, but I do think we're moving away from the original topic. My intent was having an option which would help to clean up your friends list ;)

Anyway, I'm going to request the thread to be closed because I think everything has been said, and as mentioned earlier I also believe the discussion is moving away from the initial suggestion.

For the record: I still think that there's something to say for having derelict players stand out in /fr list, just like supporters are standing out, but I can also understand why staff doesn't like the idea, also because of the possible side-effects with that (i.e. people now starting to vote merely to preserve residences). That's not saying I fully agree (I also helped to vote to try & preserve /v +fs on SMP8 for example, and did the same for some of my friends) but I do see their point as well.

Anyway, figured I'd share my motivation for my closing request.
    607 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.