[SUGGESTION] Santa's Sleigh

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Astromath1959, Dec 11, 2021.

1. This might not be doable for this Christmas, but maybe next Christmas.

How about Santa's sleigh. It would be immovable unless all 8 "reindeer" was attached. Also, if you're wearing an elytra, the whole thing could fly with no need of fireworks.

My thinking is it would be a reskinned boat. Just add a couple of runners. This would especially work with the 1.19 update that will include chests in boats. The chest would be the sack that contains all the toys.

If you want to make it even more real, it can only take off in a snow biome village where all the villagers are dressed as elves. When you eventually land, it will teleport you and everything back to the village.

Or, of you want, have it so that only admins can use the sleigh. The admin would dress up as Santa and drop presents at houses that have specially designated chests (using a sign that says [ACCESS] Santa). The chest would have a cookie and a bucket of milk. If you don't include the cookie & milk, you get one piece of coal for "being bad." If there's no specially prepared chest, you get nothing.

I know this is a wild out there suggestion, but what the hey, it's Christmas.
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  2. I love the idea of having a Santa's Sleigh. I didn't know about the boat chest for the 1.19 update. I don't if being able to make it fly would or could happen on EMC cause I foresee a lot of flykicks and abuses if it would and could happen.

A Red boat chest named Santa's Sleigh that has unbreaking and final on it so the name can't be changed.
    Lore of some sort to coincide with it being Santa's sleigh of course.

*(Side note for Astro) EMC had a promo for Christmas I'm thinking it was 2019 and the promo was a Red Shulker box named Santa's Bag that had milk, cookies, and coal in it.

3. I like this. A cool little promo that's not too complex ( and doesn't require me to spend an absolute mountain of rupees to get to work). Keep it simple.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  4. I already saw the possible abuses of a flying sleigh. That's why I was suggesting that you need all 8 reindeer. Of course, instead of the driver having the elytra, have all 8 reindeer have elytra's as part of the harness (armor). That would definitely be expensive. Probably too expensive.

Side note: has Rudolph been promo'd? If not, it would be a reskinned horse with a red glowing nose.

Side note suggestion: reskin the horse armor so it shows antlers on the helm portion and have it that it can only be worn by the "reindeer."
  5. The very first reindeer promo was Rudolph in 2013.
    Dancer 2014
    Dasher 2015
    Prancer 2016
    Vixen 2017
    Comet 2018
    Cupid 2019
    Donner 2020

and we’ll get the final reindeer here in 2021 with it being Blitzen.
  6. Ah, so like in real life, only the wealthy are allowed to abuse things. I see how it is.
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  7. I have all 8, totally fine with this ;)

Although rudolph is so hard to find it's not even about being wealthy, just being lucky lol
  8. I don't plan on getting Blitzen. Not unless I can get my hands on all 8, but that would cost a fortune. My hope is that EMC will reintroduce the reindeer promos one year at a time like the did previously.
  9. Aren't there 9 reindeer?
  10. If you include Rudolph, then yes.
  11. You might have realised by now, but please note that EMC does not consider requiring resource packs, so reskins aren't possible. :)
  12. I didn't know reskins weren't possible and I wasn't even thinking of resource packs.

I was thinking something along these lines (this may be an oversimplification):

If <event> = true
    then <use this skin>
    End if.

You (sort of) already reskin items by adding effects to them. Examples include the mini-bosses (well, Momentus is not so mini :) ), and special items that glow.
    607 likes this.
  13. Okay, that's impossible, except by using resource packs or requiring client mods. No problem, but good to know for suggestions, perhaps! :)
    The only custom textures we can have are on banners or maps, and of course you can dye leather armor or write in books! ;)
    Astromath1959 likes this.