[Suggestion] Rupees for Membership?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Crazy1800, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Yeah, I can't even get to 100k without supporter.
  2. Well, I managed to get over 150k without being a supporter
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. I can't lol. But I don't care much for a lot of money.
  4. I appreciate the feedback guys! I liked Ignoramoose's idea of just a Gold Supporter so you are, in theory, just purchasing a new lot. I was looking through the vault thingy page last night and saw that a Wild Page would be given to all members for the same price (Aweeesome) so I think that would make Diamond a little less of a must for some people.

I also really liked Killmanan's idea of "buying perks with rupees" - not supporter, but I think of it an alternative to this!

So thanks for the feedback guys! With the "Rupee sink holes" coming out now (I don't see the dragon egg update as a sinkhole. Money isn't taken out of circulation, just traded more) this may not be a really strong arguing point for me :p
    FireHose_Dragon and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. If that happened then EMC wouldnt take in nearly as much money, therefore, they wouldnt have money to spend on hosting all 11 servers.
  6. In the case of my brother and I, (When he bought membership) we already were willing to pay for it. We wouldn't want to pay that much instead. If someone was paying in the first place, I doubt they see this as an alternative.

Paying directly to support - not interested in perks: Will still buy with cash
    Paying to make some money to support a business better: Will still buy with cash

Very few people could maintain a membership at these prices. Some could but it would exhaust their savings and not really make sense for them to stay in the end.

I don't see this as people ignoring the cash option at all.
  7. There should be no way that you can get donor with in game currency. I propose a title purchased with rupees like [Influential Member] or something of the sorts, you don't get as many perks as donors, but there are benefits. DONOR is not a title "bestowed" because you are a good person, but because YOU are physically making a contribution to the physical updates to the server/hardware. To sum up what I am saying: You should be able to buy a title with Rupees with less perks than donor and Not be able to by donor with in game money.
  8. Well beside the fact the this will beat the fact of being a 'supporter' I think that this is a great idea! I mean maybe change the price to make it even more difficult to get but other than I support you crazy! Now I think that there should be different classes like a Wool, Sponge, and Lapis class and the supporter effects will be lowered. That's all I have to say.
  9. Wool supporter? Really? Lol. Maybe emerald or something with a different colored name than green because that's what senior staff and staff have... Wool supporter just sounds weird.
  10. Wool supporter lol
  11. Dirt Supporter you payed 1$ a year and get an additional 1/356 rupee bonus(1/366 on leap years.) and receive one rupee at the end of the year. You also get 1 extra vault slot. You also get a name with brown in it.
  12. Everyone who plays by the rules is a supporter of sorts. Having a great community brings more people to the Empire and more people who stay around longer. Some of those people will become paying supporters. Without a great base of members (contributing and non-contributing), there isn't much reason why anyone would stick around very long.
    M4nic_M1ner and penfoldex like this.
  13. Doesn't matter. I was just throwing out an idea.

Ah, that's a good point.

But personally, if we're going to allow people to buy supporterships with rupees, I still think that they should not have all the perks as the actual paying supporters.
  14. Why would anyone buy this?
    Edit: Nevermind I don't want to know
    607 likes this.
  15. EDIT: - Like the community and support EMC to indirectly support and provide for the community

Well, yes: (how could I forget that one?)
    To buy membership of a privileged group / class or rank, to feel being part of a privileged group or belonging to a rank.
    This sits somewhere deep in human psyche and people often end up paying enormous price (IRL) relative to privileges they really get. Compare: Noble Titles For Sale, Lord, Lady, Baron or Baroness - from £29.99 and similar. But being a part of a, or of the perceived privileged group, wearing the signs and colors, that's a big thing.

This motive might be far stronger than really wanting to buy advantage over other players in the game - but really having at least a small advantage over others is a crucial part of it.

Without a deeper analysis of this phenomena at the moment, it's effects and problems (like separation in classes and segregation) and different possible solutions -

I simply think that it is better for EMC to be one integrative, undivided community, gathered around its own culture - both culture of social intercourse within the community and culture of fair play in the game.
    The common privilege is the culture, and this obviously does not in any way correspond with supporter status.

A (sacrosanct, untouchable) privilege over other players in the game should not be needed at all.

To repeat:
    Perhaps you can see it like this: Supporter works for 1 hour IRL, covers a part of the cost of the game and gets 10k rupees. Non-supporter collects stuff for 3 hours (about 3.3k rupees per hour) in MC and gives (sells) it to the supporter. At this point the two should be equal. The non-supporter has the option to buy about the same relevant perks for the rupees she/he has got.
  16. LOVE this idea!
    The only problems I forsee: (prob. already said)
    -people doing gold/diamond for just 1 month then keeping the extra reses.