[Suggestion] Rule Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PenguinDJ, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Hello!

So... rule changes. I've compiled a list of obvious unstated and missing rules, things that don't apply, and some other things.

Information:
    (+) means an addition
    (*) means a fix or change
    (-) means removal

(+) Proper Chat Channel Usage
    Use the proper chat channels at all times.
    - Post products/services/auctions in Economy Chat
    - Auctions are to be held on Residence Chat or Local Chat
    Failure to follow this rule is subject to a mute (5m+)

(+) Add links to all special rule sets, and post them at rules.emc.gs
    This one's pretty simple - add all links to other rule sets in the Economy section of the forums, such as auction rules, marketplace rules, reverse auction rules, gaming/gambling rules and regulations, and product/business rules, and post them where all the other rules are posted. Why? It'll unify all the rule sets more and have a centralized location for each and every one of them.

(+) Add this section to the rules
    http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/chat-language/
    It's part of them, but on a separate wiki page. Anyone else see the problem?

(*) Fix this... it doesn't make any sense.
    Theft messup.PNG

Why would you report player1 for player2 stealing your stuff? It's a simple little mistake that needs to be clarified. It can be found here: http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/reporting-guide/

Upon re-reading, it happened again.
    scam.PNG

(*) What are commandments?
    command.PNG

EMC stopped using commandments and switched to rules a long time ago, and this paragraph took a nap. Please fix, for clarity's sake. Found at: http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/rules/#reporting-players

(*) Who's Maxarias?
    max mia.PNG

I don't believe Maxarias handles player complaints anymore and is just our billing manager. This rule forgot to read the update news.

(-) Please Do Not Use All Capitals
    This doesn't apply anymore as it's impossible to talk in caps in chat, so why keep it? It's just taking up space.

(-) Why is this here?
    Remove the "Not Special Dirt is not actionable" from the rules. It's not a special item and is just renamed. It doesn't require its own message.

-PenguinDJ
  2. Not special dirt was a /promo item (yes it was just renamed dirt); that clarification is still necessary.
    The All capitals rule is also still relevant. Perhaps blocked, but there needs to be a statement - related to chat - that states this is not acceptable.

No comment on other items in your suggestion.
  3. Alrighty, I fixed the mistake ones that were missed previously.

As for the rules ones: An update was coming to do this exact thing over the next week anyway. I have to figure out a way to best make it easy to understand and able to cover all major points. Since you mentioned this, I suppose I can move up my timetable on it =P Look for an update soon.