[SUGGESTION] Revitalize mudhut on SMP6

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by We3_MPO, Dec 31, 2022.

?

What do you think?

Yea 3 vote(s) 100.0%
Nay 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Redesign only, no rain 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Rain only, no redesign 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Neutral/undecided 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Mudhut was meant to be an old fishing residence. It's one of the 124x124 residences on SMP6, accessible via /v mudhut. I really like the idea, but I'd love to see some upgrades to keep it up with the times and encourage usage.

Why not add fish mobs to the water for decoration because it's a fishing residence? Those didn't exist back when it was built. Even if it was only a few, it'd still make the place feel much more lively than it does now. Perhaps also add some more jungle trees, oak trees, ferns and azalea trees to make it look more like my home state (Tennessee) which attracts fishermen due to its freshwater biodiversity, or else make it a nice mangrove swamp type place? Then it'd be more beautiful than simply a barren plot of land with a pond and a few wooden towers. However, I'd still love to see at least one of the wooden towers kept, or else a cabin or mud house built in the jungle/swamp, to keep it true to its name. Maybe even a fishing dock, too?

I'd also love to see a precipitation flag added. I know this was already suggested and declined, but I'd still love to see it at least as something only admins and senior staff can add, with it being set to true in mudhut. People can go to the wild to fish more effectively in the rain, and having to go to mudhut would still pose the inconvenience of having to be away from home for most people. It could also add a kick of activity to SMP6, which has been one of the quieter SMPs for quite some time now. You catch fish more often if it's raining, so at least having precipitation at mudhut (the fishing residence) would make sense. Nonetheless, I still at least agree with non-op players being unable to have a precipitation flag on hand; having snow farms on your residence(s) in town would be too convenient.

What do you think? :cool:

P.S.: I still would want the road edits around Baradar67's and EmperorMelon's adjacent residences kept, though. They did a really good job with those, and it fits the themes of not only their residences but also mudhut. Maybe they could use a few lily pads so horses can keep going, but other than that.
    NuclearBobomb, Azygos13 and UltiPig like this.