[Suggestion] Reset Wastelands.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Do you want the waste to Reset?

Yes 46 vote(s) 82.1%
No 10 vote(s) 17.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no in every example you used you are selecting one side of the choice, not every human decided to play minecraft, not every minecrafter plays emc, not every emc'er comes on forums etc. the more specific you go the more likely there is to be derision. disagreement comes naturally to humans agreement usually requires you to weigh the pro's and cons and being the lazy species we are we usually forgo that process
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  2. And I suppose there is a person somewhere who believes cats have horns, right?
  3. the point was that people always find a way to dissent (like in the case of people building in the wastelands even though there are warnings not to) and you cannot cater to them (kind of like i said in my 1/2 post)
  4. I think we can all agree that there will be a reset soon and that if someone has anything they want to save out in the Waste, they should go get it.

I am also pretty sure that even though there have been plenty of warnings, someone is likely to be unhappy about it. Hopefully they will be able to accept their loss as the price of education, as I prefer to do.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  5. I'm part of the player audience that needs to live and build in the wasteland. It's the combination of creation and destruction that keeps me engaged. I build in the Frontier now and then, but it gets boring because I can't strip mine it down to bedrock. Even if I could, it would get pretty lonely being so far out.

So as a wastelands builder, I like the current reset policy. Spending 1-week out of 17 to pack/rebuild for resets is reasonable and it keeps me close to town. But if resets were more frequent, I'd probably become frustrated by the effort required, which makes it unlikely I'd remain engaged.

Please keep my section of the audience in mind if/when considering changes.

Thanks!
  6. The current reset policy came about partly as a result of my and a few other players insistence that notice be given. 3 days is plenty. I did a poll and most people agreed that they would prefer a 3 day notice period. The notice that was given with this reset was perfect and well-done.

I fully support resets. I fully support resetting often. I don't mind if Aikar wants to put notices on the wasteland saying that the resets happen without any warning and don't build anything permanent. The only thing I object to is actually resetting without any warning.

The fundamental problem is that most forms of mining require a temporary structure of some kind. You gain XP, and want to enchant stuff. You want to be able to move items using ender chests. Temporary storage to stash your tools so you can move the most material back to town. Beds in case you die. etc... If notice is not provided via the server and website, it really limits the usefulness of the wasteland for it's intended purpose of mining.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  7. we have never done a reset without at least a days notice. the warnings are there because people operate on their own time and if they werent on in three days they will still say there wasnt any warning simply because they never saw it. so it says without warning even tho they have never not given warning
  8. No, the wasteland was reset once while I was online mining in it, and even the server restart reason didn't say anything was resetting. The only notice was on the site and it just so happens that I hadn't looked at the site recently. I was in the process of moving a bunch of stuff back to town when it happened and I left a few enchanted pickaxes out there because I was coming right back out to get more stuff.
  9. so what you are saying is there was a notice but you just didnt see it kind of like exactly what i said in the post prior to yours? thanks for proving my point. that is why it will always say without warning even if ample warning is given. i do think with more frequent resets there needs to be somewhat of a warning 3 days sounds nice. before everyone paying attention had a pretty good idea when a reset was happening (any important updates) but now that the standard has changed i think 3 is both adequate for the people working out there and even slightly generous.
  10. We consider a player inactive after a month. Every player on EMC shouldn't be expected to have hours to work with on 72 hours notice. People have real lives. Now that the resets are scheduled, there's no reason to not give notice weeks in advance. I play on EMC hours out of every day, but that can't be expected of everyone, and even I have long work days and vacations.
  11. yea, but the fact that the wastelands is not for making bases in. it is for quick supplies, You are suppose to make your base in the frontier so this does not happen, If you are not able to make it on emc for a long time i would suggest to take your stuff back to spawn, or just go make your home in the frontier.
    I was online when the waste got reset, there was big pink warnings all day for the reset, waswell as when the reboot happened, they had big pink warnings on the screen letting you know that it is rebooting and will kick you back to spawn aftr the reset.
    Bite make a good point as, when you go to waste they will reset without warning. and Even though it says that, they still gave a 72 hour warning on the reset,
    There is a Reason they made the Wastelands, When they did the first reset of the frontier, there was a massive fight with people saying they have cityies and massive bases, so they made the wastlands, and made the Frontier a never reset part, just like town never resets, The Waste is for getting supplies for your shop or building, Not for building, If you build a place there, you have been warned every time you visit the spawn, and log in to the waste, aswell as on the wiki and tutorial.

Could a Moderator come in and Close this Thread Please, as this has been going on for ever and does not look like it will stop.

Please Do not Post After This Post

Thread Closed
  12. [Locked] as requested by creator.
    MissFable likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.