[Suggestion] Res flag to give someone all flags to use your res freely that isn't Admin.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AdinD, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Lots of people have many friends who they want to allow to edit their res but it is honestly really annoying to go through and find every flag (container, build, redstone, breed, minecart, use, etc), so giving people Admin has kind of become the go to flag to give. The problem is that this flag gives FULL control of a res and even with good intent, letting another player have the ability to give flags is way to risky.

My suggestion is that they add a flag titled "all perms" or something which gives all the flags needed ti build/edit/use the res WITHOUT the ability to give others perms.
    Vortixin and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Yes, that seems reasonable and benefitial.
    A negative of this one could propose is that this way people will be more likely to give more flags than needed, which could lead to more cases of abuse. However, as it is now, most people who would unnecessarily use this would simply give admin flag, which imposes even greater risks.
    Vortixin, Equinox_Boss and AdinD like this.
  3. You can do this with the Group flag.
    Equinox_Boss, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  4. Never heard of it. What is it?
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  5. /res gadd <groupname> <player1>[,player2,player3...] - Adds players to a group, creating the group if it does not exist already.

• /res gset <groupname> <flag1>[,flag2,flag3] [t/f/r]- Sets a flag for the group just as pset works (you can specify multiple comma-separated Flagsto set them at same time). This creates a group if one with that name doesn't exist.
      • You can also use /res cgset <groupname>, which will open an easier-to-use chest interface. This gives you a full overview of all the available Flags that you can turn on or off by clicking on them.

Source
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/residence-groups/

What you are subscribing can be done by groups, Just make a Group name, give flags to it, and it will be preset for it you want to give friends those flags but not full admin.
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  6. The amount of work required for something basic to stop admin powers being given out is way too much. Although this is nice to have, it's not enough.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. I'm going +0 on this one because I'm not too sure of the extra advantages.

I mean: if you want players to build on your residence then all it takes is 1 flag (build). If you want to give them more, you got the chest interface which can make things easier: /res cpset <name of player> (note that using pset also works, but this is the official notation). And what Finch said also applies: if you simply start by making your own admin group (/res gpset myadmins) then you only have to go over the list of flags / permissions once.

After that a mere /res gadd myadmins <name of player> will suffice. Is the player done? /res gdel myadmins <name of player>. It's really not so hard as it might look. The only caveat: you can only have a limited amount of groups and a limited amount of members per group, based on your supporter status.
    jkjkjk182, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. I am concerned that some will take advantage if there was a flag for all flags so I am giving this -10 because it can be abused besides the admin flag is a flag that takes care of the flags on a res
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. If you read my OP you'd see that I wrote just the Admin flag isn't enough because it gives users the perms to add flags for everyone. This new flag just gives all the flags needed to edit which would be given anyway making it more convenient for the user.
  10. How can you do '-10'? I thought it was +1, -1, +0 or -0.
    Also, as you're saying, there's the admin flag, which can be abused even more.
  11. Nuclearbobomb replied with +9001, so... any number works.
    NuclearBobomb likes this.
  12. True. I didn't appreciate that message at all, as it didn't even include any reasoning. It didn't have anything else for me to comment on, though, so I left it.
  13. I would simply give them Admin and let them know I would rather that they not set any other players' permissions without my consent. If I can't trust someone to follow my instructions then I can't trust them with any permissions.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. -1

/res pset name

Click all the flags to on, about 15 seconds to do.
  15. you can make specific group flags to do this, those groups persist.

so all you have to do then is assign the random players you have doing all those things to that group. if you are doing it that often you should set a group up like this, if you arent doing it that often then setting a single players flags is just as easy.

-1 this is completely uneeded, review how the new flags work man they are pretty comprehensive.

also i dont remember this entirely but i think theres a partial admin flag which gives them all perms except the ability to reset/unclaim the res
    jkjkjk182 likes this.