[Suggestion] Res Broadcasts

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PenguinDJ, Jul 4, 2013.

?

Is Res Broadcasts a Good Idea?

Fantastic 46 vote(s) 56.8%
Great 16 vote(s) 19.8%
Good 13 vote(s) 16.0%
Decent 3 vote(s) 3.7%
Bad 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Aweful 3 vote(s) 3.7%
  1. I like it
    o0_Jetfire_0o and PenguinDJ like this.
  2. And another bump :)
  3. I support! :)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. You really thought about this and I have the feeling that this is not just a draft.
    You both note the pro's and con's, possible problems and possible usage.

Not only do I think this is a wonderful and extremely useful idea, you also earn extra points for specifying it really well.

I definitely approve this wonderful suggestion. +9000!

EDIT:
    Maybe it would be useful to have both player-only broadcasts (for entering a certain section of a mall for example) and residence-only broadcasts (someone completes a parkour).
    Simply because nobody is interested in the fact that player A just entered floor x, but people might be interested in knowing of the winner of the parkour!
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. Thanks! I like to put a lot of thought into things before I suggest them to work out the problems in them - although I'm not perfect.
  6. I believe I briefly mentioned that. It'd be /res broadcast [public/private] [message] :D
  7. Love it, love it, love it! This would be a great idea for malls, so that a) the mall owner can save signs, and b) the player won't accidentally miss a sign/not know what floor they're on! But, if Aikar included the use of subzones to the public, then it would basically fulfill your "private" message part. I like this, so +1 :D
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  8. I'd like to see some moderator input on this - what the downsides are from a staff perspective.
  9. I don't think this is a good idea. First of all, people could use it to get the supporter perk for free (which should be free anyways but it isn't). Spamming wouldn't be an issue, as if you don't want to be spammed, leave the residence. And once residence subzones are introduced, you will be able to do this without any extra things, just set the subzone enter/leave message as you wish.
    But color codes are a cool idea!
  10. Well, what if I wanted to broadcast to everyone on my res that I have a sale going on?
  11. Maybe through a command, like /res broadcast [message].
    But not through a sign.
  12. There's a command for that. It's called /qm r [message].
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  13. I'm bumping this.

14. It's too dangerous to bump alone! Here, use this!
    DogsRNice and PenguinDJ like this.
  15. This is a jump.
  16. Yes it is. We need to get a mod's input on this, as you suggested a while ago. :l
    brickstrike and PenguinDJ like this.
  17. Bump!
    brickstrike likes this.
  18. (perhaps just PM a mod asking if they can input...)
    5chris100 likes this.