[Suggestion] Res Broadcasts

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PenguinDJ, Jul 4, 2013.

?

Is Res Broadcasts a Good Idea?

Fantastic 46 vote(s) 56.8%
Great 16 vote(s) 19.8%
Good 13 vote(s) 16.0%
Decent 3 vote(s) 3.7%
Bad 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Aweful 3 vote(s) 3.7%
  1. Hey Empire,

I have an idea that I think'll benefit The Empire - Res Broadcasts

What is it?

Basically, how this'll work is you type in chat "/res broadcast [public/personal] [message]

Then, you go to a spot on your res and place a sign down that says 'broadcast'

Next, place a pressure plate one block above the sign, like with the Residential Teleportation System

Step on the pressure plate, and the message will be broadcast throughout the entire residence or just to the person who activated the pressure plate (if possible), depending on what you chose as the first argument in the command.

You can use %player to insert a player's name

How is this beneficial?

You can use this to say when someone enters a spot on your res, or completes a challenge.

For example, if you own a shop, the teleport pressure plate can lead you to another pressure plate, which in turn will say a message such as "Entering the Wool & Dyes Section."

If you have a res with mini-games, a message could be displayed saying something along the lines of "IcecreamCow has completed the challenge 'Cow Grill'" /joke

Avoiding Spam

Unfortunately, people could spam, saying random characters over a floor of pressure plates. So, people could only step on a broadcast plate every 10 seconds, and only one broadcast plate for the entire res every 2 seconds. This'll cut down the spam by just a little.

Extras

• Color Codes - you could use the codes in chat found here to spice up the look of your messages.
      • If you did '/res broadcast &5 %player &3 has completed &4 Pig Dumper' it would look like this -
        • IcecreamCow has completed Pig Dumper
    • Res message additions - You could use color codes to spice up your enter/leave messages (Gold Supporter +)
      • Welcome!
      • Bye!
    -PenguinDJ
  2. I like it! :)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  3. I like it overall, but I think this has a few draw backs.

Firstly using the @p command can send a message to the person who activated something. - so that's good.

But imagine if you have a pressure plate set up and you walk into an area and the message is designed to say welcome... well what if you walk back out? - would be kind of weird to have a chat say welcome if you're leaving.

- I do like the idea, if you use it for like minigames - say it was to toss a snowball, if they hit a certain area a message will say 'You hit the 10 point mark' etc ...

But if you want this used for regions - I think it would be best to be able to have 2 signs indicate the sub zones on your res so that way the signs can have both an enter and leave :D like on one corner have:

1 [Subzone]
    2 Enter [1]
    3 We Welcome
    4 &b%player

and for leave just type leave on second line and type the same region number []

1 [Subzone]
    2 Leave [1]
    3 See You,
    4 &b%player

Your idea is fantastic, just I believe if you want a leave as well as the enter in the same area, to perhaps incorporate 2 signs :)
  4. Did I finally find a fantastic idea??
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and PenguinDJ like this.
  5. shop owners could have a board of messages to broadcast like "sale in building blocks section" or "restocking"
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  6. Genius
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  7. This is a great suggestion, PenguinDJ! :D
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  8. Bumpedy Bump!
  9. I love it! But it could be spammed, unless their is a timer set on it...

Overall, wonderful idea. +9001
    o0_Jetfire_0o and PenguinDJ like this.
  10. That's what I forgot! I was going to put a part about spam in there.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  11. Well, for each player, their could be a timer of 5 minutes, to reduce lag, and reduce colorful chat spams.
    o0_Jetfire_0o likes this.
  12. Love it! I hope this gets added :D
    PenguinDJ and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  13. Avoiding Spam

Unfortunately, people could spam, saying random characters over a floor of pressure plates. So, people could only step on a broadcast plate every 10 seconds, and only one broadcast plate for the entire res every 2 seconds. This'll cut down the spam by just a little.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  14. This is a great idea!!
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. Can I give a suggestion? What if, the person is only allowed to set it off once every visit to a residence? This would cut down spam a lot more. Just a suggestion though :)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  16. Different games/sections? Good idea, but I think it'd be too annoying to have to re-enter the res every time you join a new game or enter a new section.
    The_Shadow_007 likes this.
  17. This looks really cool.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  18. Um, I think this is the first idea I've seen and like!. Lovin' it!
    PenguinDJ likes this.