[suggestion] Res Ban Reason

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Zion_Moyer, May 25, 2015.

1. +pi
    Zion_Moyer likes this.
  2. i like the set reason, that would be cool, but i probably wouldnt use the pset reason much, if you get banned from my res you were doing something to get banned and im not going to waste time catering to you. i usually lift my res bans if you later turn out to be alright
    Zion_Moyer and Ultimamaxx like this.
  3. This idea should be extended. Only the res owner/admins and the player named should be able to see any /res pset flags set. Of course everyone will still be able to see the /res set flags.

Whether those flags are T or F doesnt matter. This way people can't get the wrong idea about the banned person just because they did something to annoy the res owner (it could be a joke, losing in pvp, whatever).

Once that is done, then adding the info is a good idea. For the res owner and admins they can check and see why a person has +build or -move and deal with that person accordingly.

I would also like to see res flags have a time limit, so you can put /res pset time:0 for no limit (or default) or a time in hours or days for eg /res pset time:13d for 13 days. This would help when you want to give someone access to something like +build for 3 hours while they do a job then would be removed automagically. (Should I start another thread for this suggestion?)
  4. So suddenly people can complain even more when their flags are set to false?
    clan23 likes this.
  5. Not sure I understand you testman. This is optional. It won't make people ban more, just provide a reason for it. If you're getting banned then this might explain why people have done it.

And really, if someone doesnt want you on their res, that is their right.
  6. +1 I sorta hate res banning people without them knowing what they did wrong :/
    Ultimamaxx and ww2fan168 like this.
  7. With the new system you should be able to turn off buy:sell which is the main reason someone gets a res ban. If you are banning them from movement it's cause they made you mad or they abused your shop.
  8. +1!!! I always feel very bad when I ban people from my res, but then I realize that the person hates me =P