[suggestion] Renamed Wither

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by samsimx, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Well, I have no clue how to make a wither farm, and never will, but I like the idea because it has the possibility to expand the wither skull market, making beacons cheaper, as well as the cobble/stone and wood markets.
  2. If the prices work out on this so that there's little/no loss or a profit, then production is not worth discussing in this thread. Maybe someone should have a talk about shutting down 7-wither farms, though.
    People can already build these and negate all/most rupees lost to despawning. This means that letting us name tag the wither doesn't really affect the production, other than adding a few seconds to spawn the wither each time you show up at your farm.
    What are the current reasons name tags aren't allowed to be used?
  3. Yeah, this is mind-blowing, also wood economy blowing (if it was possible on emc).

For non-afk farms im using this one :

You just tp to the y=100, fall on tree and spent 95% of time chopping wood ^^ (thanks to EMC RTS system). Filling DC in like 3+ 1+ (measured) hour.
    607 likes this.
  4. Logic Error Detected.
    Correction in progress ...
    Name tags work just fine on passive critters. If you want to name chickens, cats, dogs, sheep, etc, go right ahead (though I find renaming the egg is more efficient in most cases). Their function is intact. Hostile mobs simply refuse to submit to your attempts at domestication.

Personally I'd love a pet cave spider to follow me around, but I would never support making anything hostile immune to despawning - especially not something as devastatingly destructive as a Wither.
    Imagine for a moment, logging in to your wilderness outpost and finding someone left a renamed Wither to greet you. Quickly followed by death, and a landscape of craters that would make a hive of Creepers envious.
    As was already said, there's just too many ways this could be abused.
    607 likes this.