[Suggestion] remember last opened vault page

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Giselbaer, Feb 16, 2017.

1. This is really not a big thing, and shouldn't be high on the priority list, but would make life a bit easier for me, and maybe others who use their vault often to transfer stuff between servers.

When you close your vault, the system remembers the vault page you were on.
    When you do /vault, you get back to that page. /vault <number> opens page <number>, just like it does now.

So when I have several shulker boxes worth of stuff to transfer, I can close the vault, empty the shulker box, use arrow-up to repeat /vault, and get right to the page where I stopped stuffing, instead of having to remember the current page number.

If you want your page 1 to open every time, just type /vault 1, so it won't break much for users who prefer the current system.
    Cannochi, Pab10S and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. i like this :)
  3. I don't understand the point of this. You can just do / and then hit the up arrow to get your last typed command and if you specify /vault (page number), you would just have to up arrow to that command. Please correct me if I'm mistaken on what you are suggesting.
    jjhhgg100123 and UltiPig like this.
  4. The point is I often don't know which exact page I'm on.

I come back from the wild/a farm/whatever with various shulker boxes worth of stuff and want to move them to a different server. I empty box 1 into my inventory, and as I keep a variety of things on vault page 1, i put some of the things there, some on page 2. Press escape, transfer the next box to inventory, type /vault, which opens at page 1 - I'd prefer 2 at this point. Transfer stuff, transfer another chest to vault page 3 - it'd help me if /vault opened page 3 now even without me remembering which page I was on.

When I try sorting stuff into the various vault pages, and have some stuff in my inventory that I can't easily get rid of, it'd be even more helpful to have this - transfer the first half of a box to inventory, open vault, find the page for this type of item, close vault, transfer second half to inventory, open vault - which page was that again?

As I said, not a big thing, and nothing a few more clicks can't fix. But I guess it's not a hard thing to implement either, and it would save people these few more clicks.
    AyanamiKun and TomvanWijnen like this.
  5. +9000
    Also on the /vaults - page be great if we could get the chests to preview the items in them like the shulker boxes do.
    Be easier to see if the vault has stuff in it or is empty.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  6. +60 ^.^

i sorta like the new system but i really miss page lists :( its easy 2 use a mouse and look 4 names if u got a few pages, but try doing 60 and it gets annoying when u cant find what u need. this could help make it a little easier.

cant believe i upvoted this :( guess i should not complain now but i really dont like the new system. even misplaced stuff b/c of this :(
  7. As something on by default, ehhh -0.5

As a /ps +29383938
  8. Oike what carb said, if its in /ps +99999999999999999
  9. It seems like this suggestion sounds familiar. Maybe I am thinking of something else. Adding to track.
  10. Whoa, this works now! (Maybe it's been working for a while but I didn't notice?) Anyway, /vault opens the last open page, and you can still access individual pages directly using /vault and the page number.

Thank you, dev team!
  11. It got implemented on the easter update.

Prob not gonna stay this way, since the memory of /vault is permanent until you logout(or go to another vault page). Also, /vault many players use for /vault 1, and that is why the most important things go there. more info: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/change-to-vault.71575/
    Sachrock likes this.