[Suggestion] Preserve the Moon and Space Center on the Games Server

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Sazukemono, Sep 23, 2017.

?

What do you think of this idea?

It's an excellent idea, we should totally do this! 3 vote(s) 100.0%
it has merit, but i'm not sure... [please explain below] 1 vote(s) 33.3%
It's a good idea... but I have a better way to implement it. [please explain below] 0 vote(s) 0.0%
This is not a good idea. Here's how it could be improved... [please explain below] 0 vote(s) 0.0%
It's terrible, what were you thinking? D: 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. First I want to recognize ShelLuser for the original idea.
    Personally, I'd love to see the grounds for this event be immortalized on the games server where lots of people can enjoy it. However, if this particular attraction might be rebuilt for future events in the same 'storyline' (I.E.: the hinted "Trip to Mars"), I wouldn't necessarily want it to be always-available on the games server, because the novelty and newness of the structure would wear off.

If it's not likely to make a reappearance for future Space Days (or celebrations of the EMC Space Program's achievements), it'd be pretty cool to be able to 'visit the moon' and 'attend astronaut training' whenever we liked. Preserving these places would be a great thing for our future members, and even current members who weren't able to attend the event.

I think a lot of work went into the event and the attractions scattered throughout, and it was a ton of fun. I wanted to make a proper suggestion box thread for this idea, so that it could get the attention it deserves. Please sound off below with your opinions.
    Tah2, TomvanWijnen and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Yes! I never got to check out the EMC Space Program thingy, so this would allow me to still see it, and it would also give more credit to the awesome creations. :)

Maybe the /event worlds could also be added? They were awesome too, and deserve more "attention". :)
    Tah2 likes this.
  3. +1

For some reason I find it very hard to disagree with this one :D

Quite frankly I think this shouldn't only apply to the space program event but others as well. So; if an event had a certain impact and it could be fun for players to visit that at a later time then why not? Of course; only if there are no more plans on re-using it. As you said yourself, if they want to re-use it then having it permanently available would make it a lot less special.

I also think it's much more fair towards the builders. Sure there's fun in building and designing the whole thing, but there's also a sense of satisfaction involved when you actually get to see others enjoying your stuff.

And well.. this was definitely one of those events that was very special and very impressive.