{Suggestion} Portable chest/double chest/ender chest

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by aletrisrex, Sep 8, 2022.

1. It's simple.
    a portable chest/double chest/ender chest, work like labor bench where u can right click with item in hand
    Access from your inventory in handy, as well as auto collect
    your picked up item.
    reduce potential hazard to maximium, like accidentally break ender chest...
  2. "Similarly, a shulker box that opens virtually would be nice but I do not think it is a good fit for the Labor Bench series." - chickeneer from the 2022 labor day thread
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/happy-labor-day-2022.86472/

I think this would basicly be a shulker box cause you have the item and instead of placing it u open it? I can break shulkers with ur hand soo it ain't much of a difference?

Also for the auto pickup - 1
  3. what if u are on somewhere which u cant place shulker?
    also for portable double chest it would be soo great, like 2x shulker
    save up storage as well as access without place shulker box down
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  4. I'd buy a dozen. I'd also be ok if it was like a vault, where you have to pay to unlock storage space in it.
  5. A soulbound shulker box (access without placing) as a Halloween promo would be cool. It could be called “candy basket” or something.
    sonicol1, TECtock and Tuqueque like this.
  6. +0.5

For now I have high hopes in content creators arguing for an Inventory Management Update directly to Mojang - such as this

So I don’t think it wise to spend dev time in this.

What would be cool for it to be custom coded into EMC as enchants (but would take dev time)? Similar to the mod on display at 9:15 in the video auto-collect and auto-replenish enchants.

What do I recommend? I believe ender chest should be left alone, and adding /echest I wouldn’t like, however I propose this which I’ve been thinking about, has minimal dev time and JP just mentioned it.

I propose adding /sv meaning /servervault or /frontiervault

It would basically be a server specific vault for items (and Shulker boxes). How would this differentiate between regular /vault? It would be accessible in the frontier, town AND waste worlds (and each smp would have different inventories)

I would make it unlockable for 50k tokens, and this would unlock the first 9 slots of a chest
    Next 9 slots would cost 100k, 150k…300k for a total of 1,050k tokens to unlock a full double chest (full /frontiervault)

I would limit this to be 1 page maximum for everyone

This is too OP? It’s in the road plan to be able to TP between frontier outpost and town. Outpost update is a long ways off and what I propose encourages players to go adventuring more for the token costs.

No real reason to artificially delay this(if it’s in the plan) if it’s possible to be integrated into another feature which will encourage more gameplay within EMC (and can be easily added as all features already exist within EMC)
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. trying to get to 100 Also this sounds cool
    UltiPig likes this.
  8. This doesn't sound feasible. The double chest is larger in size than a player inventory.
    Just a dream, a good dream, but only a dream.