|SUGGESTION|New Player Retention Quest Book

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Porphos, Jun 11, 2014.

?

Should this be implemented?

Yes 14 vote(s) 82.4%
No (explain in comments) 3 vote(s) 17.6%
  1. Yes :) Some people may want to do what they want immediately when they get started, but other people may seem a little bit lost, and especially when they didn't make friends yet, they often don't know what they should do and just quit. Something like this would give them something to do though, for a little while. And when they are done with the "quests", they most likely will have found out what they really like about this server, and have a better view of what they should do next.
    porphos likes this.
  2. The basic premise of quests is something I have thought about too.

I see EMC's gameplay that players do today as giving out tasks, others completing them for rupees.

I thought it could be a good idea to actually build a system that helps facilitate those kind of contracts, ie enforce payment for services etc.

So it would remove scamming.

Then it could be extended to include system based tasks too.

some might call this quests, some might call it Tasks. It doesn't matter what word or "We won't want to be an RPG server".

All that matters is does the feature help compliment EMC's gameplay and assist the players.

So something a long these lines is planned, but on the agenda for after DT.

DT is highest priority to keep our old members happy when it comes to big features.

though, i'm not sure this would be the greatest boom in new player retention, but it could help those who struggle with rupees.
    porphos likes this.
  3. You tend to think of a LOT of suggestions. Some iffy, but in times like this, you can be brilliant and think of 'duh' things that we should really have.

+9001, keep up the good work, porphos ;)
    607 and porphos like this.