(SUGGESTION) Mini mods.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Mrlegitislegit, Jul 20, 2012.

1. I'll go IN. But who elects the minimods? Community, or Moderators?
  2. Moderators - TBH I wasn't really asking who thinks it's great (we already came to the conclusion that pretty much everyone likes the idea), I just want to hear from ICC whether or not we're in. :)
  3. i am going to start a vote
  4. When amadai was still solely the "event coordinator" he had the power to kick not ban. I think that when the /report command was implemented on this server and ICC or GKJ whoever was active announced it there was talk of a system where the most accurate and fair reporters "reports" were weighed more heavily and were looked upon 1st on square. I think that this is just a more advanced system of it. I personally don't think that we need "mini mods" as in the average day there may be only 1-2 hours where NO mods are on the website or square. There are many filter plugins for cussing so I think that the only reason that we would need mini mods is for the rudeness. I don't think we need new staff members for this 1 problem.
  5. I live in Australia, and yeah, depends on the time zone. It might be 2 hours in America, but it's often 3-6 hours without a mod actually on for a long period of time. I think mini mods could take care of issues like "*#$%, THIS SERVER SUCKS" when a mod isn't available, which is quite a lot for me and this isn't their fault. :)
  6. Also, the plugin is already written, included into the EMC code I'm guessing. Type /help chatmod - so I don't really see a major fault in this. :)
  7. There are HUNDREDS of plugins that prevent Caps and Language... literally. There are some that don't post the massage, some that kick the person and some that censor the post. When it all boils down you can fix the language problem and this is all about the rudeness.
  8. Yeah, but they all cause serious lag. :/
  9. Yeah on smaller servers. I don't remember the exact specs, but this server is running a ton of RAM and I think that the server would compensate nicely. Why not try it on stage?
  10. I remember seeing Justin say it would cause lag, lots of it. It's probably the other way around actually - large server = more lag.
  11. It causes even more lag on a larger server. Many of the "laggy" plugins work fine on a smaller server, because there's not as many players / server load. You've got to multiply that out for a large server. Stage wouldn't be a good test really, since there's not ever a large player load on it (maybe 8 players max).
  12. Makes sense. My bad.