(SUGGESTION) Mini mods.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Mrlegitislegit, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Good idea if it wasnt said outloud!
  2. Yeah, I like this but it might be a little confusing for people online at first.
  3. if they are secret, although annoyances would be found easier, some players would get confused over: derpaderpaherpaherp kicked herpaherpaderpaderp for 5 minutes.
    just say who they are, thats it.
  4. Letting people see who they were was the major issue which led to the system being abandoned.

Frankly, even if their identities were kept secret, people would be able to connect disciplinary actions with the players who are online and eventually infer who they are.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  5. mini mods should have access to staff fourms but they cant lock and pin posts and /say command to broadcast stuff.
  6. So, it would be pointless?
  7. well yea but there only chat mods but maybe they could use lock and /say
  8. I approve this message
  9. Not even the full mods use /say.
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  10. This is Tomato approved!
  11. I love this Idea
  12. This idea is Red Approved.

Now for the big question, What color will they be?! (sarcasm)
  13. I thought this thread was about Maxarias' little one. :D
  14. Creeper approves this thread!
  15. We're all mini mods already. If you don't believe me, just log into any Town server and start some trouble in chat.
  16. I have noticed lately the only mods recruited are in there 20s. Sadly not a huge number of people play minecraft at this age. Yes, they are more mature and have a broader view of a battlefield in a sense. I guess if this idea were to go through would the youngerish crowd get a chance to make a difference? Aka 16+?
  17. Green_Mystery is 17. Bob is 19.

If they did appoint mini-mods they should test them just like overall mods.
    Tehwafflez likes this.
  18. Another thing, we kind of already have mini mods implanted in our servers. You cant beat the system.
  19. You sir have too many dragons. :cool:
    oidgod likes this.
  20. I really don't see a negative side to this.

Everyone has been complaining about beggars (including me) and this is how we stop them - minimods. Just nice and simple, they have the power to kick and perform short temp-bans. Sure, it may be confusing at first, but everything is. I don't think that the system was implemented for long enough before to simply judge how it will work out again, especially seeing as EMC has grown so much. The residential teleportation system was implemented and that was confusing at first. Now look at it, almost everyone knows how it works!

We have a larger population now, chat mods would help out loads and even possibly keep people from leaving, help more people join! :)