[SUGGESTION] Make EMC Open Source

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 72Volt, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Copherfield?
  2. Yeah, my other alt. (Not really, I would die, if hewhomustnotbenamed was my alt)
  3. Them's fighting words.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. Umm you do realize if EMC were open source... Anyone out in the world could rip off EMC through copying all of EMC's features...
    FireHose_Dragon likes this.
  5. Please don't ask for a thread to be locked unless it's yours - 1. It's a bit rude lol, 2. If it's a healthy discussion (like this - not gonna happen but still outlining problems/advantages) it can still get back on track and 3. If a member of staff deems it appropriate, they will lock it :) We don't have the right to request someones thread to be closed down (ofc unless it's breaking the rules/auction)

Sorry for taking this off topic more :p
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  6. I think he was asking for it because of the other offtopic posts after it had been said this isnt going to happen.

But the suggestions forum isnt really meant to be long term discussion on a request that has been denied so going to close this.

There's really nothing that can change this decision so no need to keep this thread open. We will open source where it makes sense, but releasing public plugins takes more time and has a maintainability expectation which we cant keep up with, so not likely to happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.