[suggestion] hunger in town

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by craneman5, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ????????????????????? It does not cost money to just farm.
  2. I don't mean farming, I mean my restaurant
  3. Yes... unlike in real life, you don't have to spend money to keep a shop stocked.
  4. I could be using that space for more hotel/apartment rooms and get more money, but I have a restaurant open that isn't giving me money
  5. I think Town is universally accepted as the safe place to build, trade, and socialize. If I have to worry about food or mobs there, I may as well move to the Wild.

Why is it costing you anything at all? Renting? Employees? There's the problem.

Food is pretty much the first thing people learn to do in Minecraft. When I go mining, I take food from my own farm. If there's a place in the Wild I intend to spend a lot of time at, one of the first things I do is establish a food supply.

I've never seen restaurants and hotels as anything but novelties. I never bothered trying to sell food either. I really don't see where there's a market.

Do yourself a favor and watch chat for needs for items or services that people are asking for and not having fulfilled then work on supplying those needs. Go mining and supply shops, sell wood or stone, build redstone contraptions, ... whatever. You'll find yourself much better off.
    jkjkjk182, PenguinDJ and JackBiggin like this.
  6. Are you suggesting that I tear the building down/ reset the res?
  7. Not at all. I just wouldn't expect to be raking in Rupees from something that isn't in demand.
    If you think it looks nice and want to keep it, keep it. On the other hand if your motivation is to use the space to make Rupees, you should pick something else. You could also move it or put something new underground or in the air.

If you like growing things, you could try villager trading using paper and /or wheat, then sell or trade the emeralds for glowstone, redstone, etc. for sale. Chests of glowstone have been auctioning off for tens of thousands of Rupees. How does that compare to your restaurant on a good day?

If you want some ideas, stop by my residence sometime and we can chat. Or maybe this thread would be a good place for that.
  8. He's suggesting you do something that will help not only yourself but others. Nobody really goes to a restaurant in Minecraft unless they're maybe Role-playing. You could do like others who have tons of rupees by going into the business of something people need. There are people who offer rupees for building things for them, helping them dig, collecting supplies etc.
  9. Precisely!
  10. 2 words:
    The Wild.
  11. Guys, you forgot that for the rupee sinks to work, you need to charge anyone with a shop aisle 500r a week and tie it all to a random-value bond system to stabilize everything. Basics, guys.
  12. Of course.
    Pab10S likes this.
  13. Stick some stuff in a chest. Put a sign up. I think that's tons simpler than trying to disguise a lottery to look like an investment mechanism.
  14. Exactly. We shouldn't be cheated....
  15. This sounds like a good idea, I mean you aren't "punished" for not eating, but it still helps you :D