[Suggestion] Free Limited Supportership For New Members

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by WeirdManiac, Jan 27, 2014.

?

Which would You choose?

Yes 7 vote(s) 25.9%
No 11 vote(s) 40.7%
Maybe with Modifications [Please State What] 9 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. yes to supporter chat so supporters can welcome them (and plot with them like suporters do!!!), no to auctions (cause honestly how many auctions are they gonna wrangle up in a week anyways, plus id rather have one auction to clean up then 5 where they dont know the rules). NO to maphide all kinds of problems there. no tnt or utopian wild (although i think utopian fly for a week wouldnt be such a bad thing)

otherwise yes. this is an awesome idea and has major staying power.
    WeirdManaico and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  2. My question, why would older members who didn't join when this was implemented get shunned and not receive?
  3. Because the purpose of this is to give members an idea of supportership, it defeats the purpose if regular members get to get free supporterships as well.
  4. why wouldnt older members want to support anyways :)
    they already know what it does this is to introduce new players to the concept not give away free things
    607 likes this.
  5. Because some of us can't afford it/ don't want to ask parents :p
    607 likes this.
  6. My only caution is /map hide for some new players just helps them grief.
    And obviously if some new members were to get free access to Utopia Wild, that would lead to more grieving.
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  7. well then the promo to encourage you to buy supporter isnt going to work anyways. so why should you get it?
  8. i don't think anything should be given that is kept after.. like a res, you can claim a res and then always have it because its still yours even though you're not supporting. so vault pages, res', stables.. anything like that shouldn't be given.

maybe just the rupees perk, supporter chat (maybe) that might get annoying because they may spam?

... eh, now that i think about it this isn't a good idea... just too much conflicting stuff? dunno. lol
    WeirdManaico, 607 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  9. i mean mods can see supporter chat just as easily as town if anything spam in there is goign to reach less people then town so better in there :p
  10. The ones I can think of that wouldn't be too big are:

- Higher rupee bonus for login (200-400 rupees)
    - Access to supporter chat
    - A reserved slot, even when the servers are full (Good so they aren't driven away at first by the inability to log on)
    - Maybe access to Endertopia for a day or two, but not to other utopia wilderness worlds (To give them a taste)

Just throwing around some ideas. ;)
    WeirdManaico likes this.
  11. How about, if after completing the tutorial, the player is given a code.
    This code can then be redeemed for either a few weeks of this "preview supporter" and/or 10/20% off any rank of supporter for the first month, provided they upgrade within a week or two of first joining?
    Pab10S likes this.
  12. I like the slice off the regular supporter cost idea. This could also make them want to join the website/forums, so killing 2 birds with 1 stone. :D
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  13. As an amendment, it would money off the first week of supporter, and the codes would be unique to the player somehow, to prevent people selling them for rupees.
    bitemenow15 and ninjaboy5656 like this.
  14. maybe the code would expire in a week?
    RainbowChin likes this.
  15. "provided they upgrade within a week or two of first joining" as already said yes.
    607 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  16. This 'marketing tactic' does work for some though, while others just do it for the free samples :p

I do like this idea. I think it would be a great incentive for new players to support. However, you have to have a good balance. Like stated, you cannot take the 'value' of supportership away from genuine supporters, so only have limited features. I think the ones aikar stated are good. Also, don't make it too long either, I would say for around 48-72 hours. :)
  17. You would have it until each vault page was empty/there was no horse in stable?
  18. That would be it yeah :)
  19. So let's keep a dirt in the last slot of my vault to keep it forever.. mwahahah
    WeirdManaico and trent948 like this.