[Suggestion] Ender Dragon Raid

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PenguinDJ, Aug 20, 2012.

?

Is an Ender Dragon Raid a good idea?

Yes 19 vote(s) 55.9%
No 15 vote(s) 44.1%
  1. Without spilling any beans, I can say this. I've got an egg, and if the current plan goes forward, I'm happy with what will turn out. Yes, the dragon eggs won't be as rare, but they will be useful.
    xoluss likes this.
  2. *slams head on desk* That explains a lot!
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. The reason why I think this is a bad idea is because that means robot chicken would have wasted 2million rupees on the dragon egg. I'm sure people have bought the enderdragon egg for many more millions of rupees.
  4. He did not waste 2 million rupees on this because it is not released yet. Besides, I would spend 2 million if I had that much on a dragon egg at that time.
  5. Right. Our intention is that his 2 million rupees will remain well spent. I can't really give out details. You'll just have to trust that I've got one that's valued at the same amount, and I'm satisfied with what is being discussed.
  6. We'll just wait and see, shall we? XD
  7. Is it that it spawns IcecreamCows? That would be a real perk...
    jkjkjk182 and PenguinDJ like this.
  8. Actually, We've mentioned the desire to make dragon eggs more obtainable for a long time now, and there was many posts on that auction thread that we are currently drafting ideas for making it more obtainable.

So, Robot bid knowing our goal was to devalue the egg by making it more obtainable to people, and it was even announced in the 1.3 update thread (which was created before that auction I believe)

It kinda amazed me the bid went so high even with our posts about the future of dragon eggs.

The information was there, so its not like this was a surprise.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  9. To be honest I like this idea, JUST because it took me VERY VERY VERY long time to get a dragon egg, and it costed me 2,000,001 rupees. This will make it easier for people to get a dragon egg, but it will ruin the "proudness" for dragon egg owners, and especially for me and Robot_chicken_66 because our eggs costed 2mil each. I was going to give my dragon egg away but I kinda don't see a point of giving it away if it will be so easy to get anyways.

There is 5eggs in total, but currently there is only 4 because Phoc' egg is missing, and no SMP3 egg is not "resetted" Phoc' egg was missing before his res got unclaimed.

I also think that this idea is bad because there SHOULDNT be many dragon eggs, normally each server has 1, but because of we have more than 1 server there is 5 eggs total. This will kinda ruin how "rare" the dragon egg is. Iknow that alot of people are dreaming about owning a dragon egg, but see it like this way to. I just spend 2,000,001 rupees for mine, and Robot_chicken_66 gave 2,000,001 for his. Getting 2mil wasnt easy to get, and we spend alot of time to get so much rupees, so this will be totaly waste of rupees and TIME for me and Robot. And also Ignoramoose gave 37k for SMP4 egg, and I bought it for 2,000,001. He earned 1,963,001 rupees because of that egg. And I do think that Robot wanna earn rupees to, not lose rupees. I kinda don't care how much I gave for it, because I am/was going to give it away, but I still spend alot of time to get that egg. And if there will come more eggs, I don't see a point to why I should give it away.

Also what would you do if your residence got resetted? like that residence you spend hours, days maybe months on? I've been here for 4months, and I've spend ALOT of my time getting rupees, but forget about the rupees, I spend alot of time getting them. I could had spend all that time with my friends or family, but I didnt. I wasted them on a dragon egg, I don't think it will be fair for me if I spend so much time for a dragon egg that somebody will get withing seconds. (maybe not seconds but you get the point)
  10. That's what we are getting at. You both spent 2 million rupees, and the goal of the "compensation" you'll get will be to equal that 2 million rupees you spent. Your dragon egg won't be as valuable or as rare, but you won't take a hurting in your investment.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  11. On the same token. If you don't feel like its going to be worth it, I'll buy it back for the 2,000,001r.
    gnyctk, AlexChance and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. I think this is a good idea, just make it so there is a rupee or some other kind of prize instead
  13. It won't be worth it, you know that, as much as I know it. And like I said I don't care about the rupees, but all the afford I spend to get that egg. I was planning on giving it away as you know, but now I don't see a point of giving a "Rare" thing away, because it won't be that rare once the other eggs comes out :)

My point is that we spend so much time to get that egg, especially me and Robot. I don't find it fair that people should be able to get that egg without putting much afford into it.

Ill find it fair if there was a contest each month, with a dragon egg as prize. That will make it fair because then people WILL have to put much afford into it.

If people will have to put MUCH afford into winning/getting that egg, I wouldnt care because that will make it a fair game.

and I changed my mine, I will consider your offer. Ill rather give 100k away at a time instead of that egg. That will make more people happy instead of just one.
  14. I'm not sure what you know. But I'm sure what I know.

That particular egg won't be worth 2 million, you are right there. But the compensation for you owning it will surely be. You and robot may have paid the most for a dragon egg, but 6 months ago 100k was unheard of to most of the population, and it took quite a bit of time to get that.

Anyway, I'll message you shortly once I've got the chest setup to buy it back :)

I completely understand your reasoning why you'd want to sell it back. You don't know what I know, and you've got to take it on good faith that what I'm saying is true. Honestly, If the roles were reversed, I'd have a tough time trusting 2 million rupees on it.
  15. I assume you mean effort for afford, right?

The plan we have will not only require an effort, it will likely be MUCH more of an effort than it once used to.

Dragon eggs were never meant to be as rare as they are...but they weren't designed properly for SMP in mind. If we had been able to easily do what we wanted with resetting the end in the past, there would already have been a lot more eggs anyways.

It's going to be fun and a challenge to get future eggs. I can't see anyone disliking it when they see what it is. :)
  16. Auction it off as a starting bid put 2.5 millon. :p
  17. I haven't decided if I wanna sell it back, but I really appreciate that you are willing to buy it back. But Ill kinda feel bad if I let you buy it back, I've said that I was going to give it away, but I kinda wanna give x10 200k or x20 100k instead of a egg there won't have the same value as when I got it. And Ill also feel bad because I did buy it from you, and that you wanna buy it back just because I don't find this fair.
  18. Yea I ment effort, I'm not english so I'm not perfect at it =P

And now I'm pleased, I tought eggs was going to be easy to get, but after what you just said I've changed my mine. It's good to hear that people WILL have to put much effort into it, that makes it more fair for me and I hope rest of egg owners find it fair too. :)
  19. It's not a problem. Like I said, you'd have to go on faith that it's going to turn out the way I'm saying, and if I were in your position, I'd want to sell it back as well. I've setup the chest on SMP2 3879 (no one else has move perms - sorry), so if you'd like to sell it back, have at it!
    Xandrow likes this.
  20. Bah, I need to refresh the page more often :)
    Xandrow likes this.