[ SUGGESTION ] Empire Minecraft Museum

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by cj12115, Aug 20, 2015.

1. I see where all of you are coming from, just a suggestion :)
  2. Maybe a museum can be "certified" if you will if the owner has a certain amount of heads or promos, they can receive certification as an official museum?
  3. I like this idea as well. Maybe not amount, but what they have.
    DubChef and ThaKloned like this.
  4. Sure, then /museum can give a list of registered "official" museums.
    Scarmanzer likes this.
  5. The entire concept is for a 3D Form. Not a wiki form. Also, Krysyy has every item that there is one of in her inventory mostly. It's no different if it's in an item frame than in a SS+'s inventory.
  6. maybe the museum could have only fake renamed items. But -1 if its real dupicated promos, so empire minecraft would what, duplicate the impossiball? it would break the wiki that is saying there is only 1 in ALL emc. And for the veteran players that got 1 copy of a unique promo would see themselves beaten by ''EmpireMinecraft'' with is huge mega museum. (that's how I would have feel tho if I had a 1 copy promo).
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  7. Here, let me repeat myself. Krysyy has the ability to re-make any of those items and has most of them in here inventory. It's not changing the wiki. It's the exact same thing as her inventory having it.
  8. Except the items are IN the Empire, not in a vault page. Which is a huge difference.
  9. No, it's really not any difference. I mean technically Krysyy could have 64 Builder's Wands in her inventory right now. It's not like any player can steal em though. It's the EXACT same thing as in an OFFICIAL Empire Museum.
  10. It looses the authenticity factor that is half of what makes museums so cool. The museums that are there now are owned by people who spent a lot of rupees hunting down these items and to make an official one that has everything is kind of screwing over those who spent lots of money and time and effort making theirs what it is.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  11. As stated by PDJ and krysyy, there are player owned museums like mman's on smp7 or FNDY21's.
  12. This:

------------
    An official EMC Museum would, for the most part, make player-run museums obsolete.
  13. Item frames are so 2014. Preview chests are where it's at. ;)
  14. I like the idea, but I can also see so many issues with it. And there is another issue I can come up with right now; I don't care for heads all that much, and as a result I don't have mine nor share mine. I recently learned that some of the staff also feel this way (obviously I could relate to that).

With a player museum everyone should feel perfectly fine to decline, I mean... It's all fun and all but in the end a player effort. And as with all things: not everyone has to like it.

So what would happen if it was an EMC run museum? I doubt EMC would start enforcing (or demanding) cooperation (talking about head donations) but I still think it would put more unnecessary pressure on players to do things which they might not even like to do.

The other thing... It would devaluate the player museums so tremendously... Right now it's a massive effort to collect the items and being able to put them on display. It's an even greater effort to maintain it! But would people really be motived to do this if we had an EMC museum?

SO yeah.... +0 from me. I like the idea, but I see (too) many hassles and strings attached to it.
  15. When I said heads, I wasn't talking about player heads, I was talking about important heads like staff if they were willing to give.
  16. It wouldn't be their real head either given to the museum by them, EMC would produce. I too see many problems with the idea like you mentioned, but i still like it :)