[SUGGESTION] E=MC^1.8

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by neonkillah, Apr 1, 2017.

?

Do you like this suggestion?

Yes 3 vote(s) 60.0%
No 2 vote(s) 40.0%
Other (Please reply in comments section) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hello,

I am neonkillah. I have been an active part of EMC's community for nearly five years now (only 5 more days to go). Five years, especially in minecraft time, has been a long time. I've gone on streaks, I've gone on hiatuses, but Minecraft no longer appeals to me with its overabundance of unnecessary, complicated updates. I am not the only person who feels this way.

What's the suggestion?
    My suggestion is for EMC to have a sibling server set to 1.8. Veterans are the most dedicated players towards EMC. Having an EMC server with a more familiar update would be sure to excite the community.

We've already got a lot on our plates. Why add this?
    I understand that this may be a strain on EMC's developer resources. This is, without a doubt, NOT a priority update. This would be a large-scale project, I am away of that. However, the benefit would be a reinvigorated community and a very interesting spin on EMC's history.

Wasn't something like this already suggested?
    I checked previous suggestions, one including "snapshot servers". I would not classify this suggestion under that category, because snapshots are more commonly understood as pre-releases for upcoming updates.

Is this an April fool's joke
    Nope.

Any questions can be posted to the comments section.

P.s,
    About the title, I just thought that was neat. Never really noticed that before. (maybe have a math competition with that as the title idk :rolleyes:)
  2. Bump.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. I definitely like your suggestion, but I'm also not too sure about it.

First off: I agree about the combat mechanic. I don't hate nor dislike it but I definitely agree that it has issues. Usually triggered by small lag bursts; more than often hits don't register or the mob(s) do manage to hit you while you hardly hit them. It's also what I deem unfair: we have to meet specific criteria to get the maximum amount of damage in but when a mob hits you that's just that: a hit.

But I can't help wonder how much 1.8 would appeal as a non-PVP server?

Because we'd be missing out on a quite a few things: No more... Illagers, Llama's, Shulker boxes, Shulkers, End cities, respawning Ender dragons, Purpur blocks, Chorus fruit, Chorus plants (basically everything chorus), End stone bricks, Red nether bricks, Magma blocks, path blocks, beetroot, bone blocks, netherwart blocks, polar bears, no more observer block :eek:, no more stray & husk (skeleton & zombie types), extra gold ore in mesa biomes, no more double hands.... And no more passengers in boats.

I know I'm also adding to your point with regards to over-saturation, all fair, but... I don't see how getting less will help you rekindle your interest with Minecraft. Some things cannot be avoided, such as the combat mechanics, but others can. Don't like the shulker boxes? Don't use them!

I also consider myself to be somewhat of an EMC veteran and well... In all honestly the idea of playing on 1.8 doesn't appeal much to me anymore. Perhaps with having more mods / extensions to fill in the blanks but other than that.... I enjoy passengers in boats, observer blocks, shulker boxes, pulling Aya's llama along (with her on it)...

Although I agree about the new combat mechanics I also appreciate the option to use both hands. Now I can keep a torch in my offhand and my pick in my main hand and that helps me to dig and light up an area. It's even more useful when you're using optifine with 'dynamic light' turned on.

I like where you're coming from and I also like the originality but... I'm not too sure about the amount of players who would like this. Also considering the non-PVP approach of the server.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. This is not something we would be willing to do. Sorry to disappoint.
    K_Kick, ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.