[Suggestion]Don't require Silk Touch for Enderchests

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Numilani, Jun 6, 2015.

1. To be fair, enough people have already quoted her on this "Vanilla Minecraft" fiasco and so I don't think we need more comments about it... We've got the idea now, and even she herself has said that above. :)
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  2. -1

Ya it's a pain but this is not a necessary change to make the game better. It's more of a convenience then anything. Personally for me I always have a silk pick on me as do most people I know.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. In all technicality purposes, nearly everything EMC has can be done with Command Blocks, which means it's still Vanilla features; Promos, Momentus, et cetera. For stuff such as changing how mob spawns, not so much.

Anyways this is a -1, I enjoy needing Silk Touch to break EnderChests
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. seems like more people dislike the idea than like it. For those who disagree, I'm just curious...why do you enjoy the vanilla mechanic? i.e. why do you prefer needing Silk Touch to break enderchests?
    f_Builder_s likes this.
  5. my two cents:
    from what i have seen on EMC all the tweaks are to maintain a fair and balanced multipayer vanilla server.
    Harder mobs, game tweaking and all the items/promos they have added, its all to keep the server going and interesting. As i see it EMC is not trying to make its own game out of minecraft just make minecraft fun for a multiplayer environment. Mincraft was designd for single player and they added muli later, ask any server dev and they will tell you its not setup for a perfect multiplayer environment right out of the box especially not on the scale that EMC is running.

so i would have to say -1, that said having ideas about this sort of change and suggesting them on the forums is a really good thing.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. For me personally it's not a like or dislike. It's just part of the game and as I always have a silk pick it's really no issue.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  7. I carefully considered my vote with this because I was indecisive, but unfortunately I have to go with a disagree.

Sure, it makes it easier on us but I also think it makes it a little too easy. Silk Touch is a special enchantment and this would take a little of its fame away. In my opinion of course. But yah, that moment when I got my first Silk Touch pick and got myself some grass blocks (hey! I was too "lazy" to go to /waste, there were scary monsters there! :D)...

Here's a tip: instead of bringing a silk touch pick with you keep one in your ender chest. That's what I do and it worked miracles for me. I don't have to carry any equipment when going to my mining outpost, and I always have the required tools to get my enderchest back when the wastelands reset.

I'm on a friends residence and was going to remove some glowstone she had put on the ground (long story, project I was helping on). So all I had to ask was: "got an enderchest?". Which she had, after which I got my silk pick out and those glowstone were soon history ;) Sure, I can also use /vault, but that no workie in the wastelands and/or frontier ;)

So yah, my 5 cents on the matter :)
    white_trash_dna and f_Builder_s like this.
  8. I use silk touch a lot for collecting different blocks. Sadly, I think I would stick to vanilla. -1
  9. The thing about not needing silk touch... have you been mining and needed stone or ore? I certainly have.
  10. This basically solves the problem. You changed my mind Mr. Luser! Hard to argue with xD
    ShelLuser likes this.