[Suggestion] Confirm Payment

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by nfell2009, Jul 27, 2012.

1. i dont, its just when you accidently click the sign, stop causing problems! thats pabs job
    Pab10S likes this.
  2. Exabsolutely.
    [My new word]
  3. Sorta un-needed for those low priced items but i would sure like this on some thats +100 rupees
    nfell2009 likes this.
  4. I was JK about the How about no bear :p
    nfell2009 likes this.
  5. I once worked on an application where the client had requested an "Are you sure?" prompt before clearing a file. Eventually the users started clicking "Yes" all the time out of habit, so we were asked to add an "Are you really sure?" prompt. Of course, they still managed to mistakenly delete the file. You can't (yet at least) replace a thinking human with software.

I try to learn from my mistakes. The ones I've made with Shop signs have trained me to be careful with them.

Oh, and on the bear's behalf:
    how-about-no-bear2.jpg
  6. Umm I am going to have to say no. I dont like the idea. at all.
    migueldemesa, Curundu and marknaaijer like this.
  7. Well, I support this... Some incident happend with me like 2 days ago..
    That Some people came to my shop(Not actually a shop just like 2 stands with chests..) and didn't read the sign and bought diamonds for 400r.
    Maybe things over 200 would ask for confirm?
  8. How often does this happen to you, for me I have spent hundres of thousands on good from shops and I can honestly say this has only happend a few time to me is in the grand scheme of things is it worth the it no I would rather lose a few rupees then have to confirm ever time.
    Curundu and Pab10S like this.
  9. Would Be Cool If You Could Able / Disable this yourself
  10. 1 diamond for 400r? Erm...a little overpriced...
  11. well i think it would kinda be better if ur buying for exsample seeds u can buy 1 at a time and u need like a milion it would be better like /buy-seeds-amout
  12. I got one time, just one time, I accidantly bought some chain boots for 400r, that is one time of 195 days EMC
  13. My first day on EMC before I understood the shop system I bought some chain pants for 750r. :rolleyes:
    marknaaijer likes this.
  14. Now I'm curious. Are people liking the comment, or the picture?
  15. Some of my friends *cough* noobs *cough*, are still buying stuff at the Empire Shop, like sand, 1:4r...
    nfell2009 likes this.
  16. It is a good idea, if it is done well.

By default - any single purchase of over 1000r would say "You are about to buy <item> for <price> - click again to confirm".

Experienced users could disable it with /confirm off and re-enable it with /confirm on.

Keep it simple.
  17. I always thought this would be good for purchases from /shop.. I accidentally buy the bulk signs there all the time. :/
    Joshposh70 likes this.
  18. I have been a victim of this many times. Anyone who uses the apple magic mouse would know what I'm talking about. Sometimes it thinks I'm right clicking instead of left clicking cause of the touch surface. Its not the best mouse for mine craft, but I almost perfected it. With that being said. When I do fumble the mouse, I just resell the item back and lose a few rupees. oh well. :D
  19. I do think that is true in a way but, being a shop owner i am getting constant PMs saying they want their money back because they didn't read the sign. For example, once, after I got a lot of rupees from one guy, I went out and bought some more diamonds for my weapons. A couple seconds later, the guy wanted his money back. Even though I should have rupees available and ready to give back, sometimes it gets on my nerves that people don't even bother to look at the sign. What does everyone else think? Please re-post! Thanks!