[Suggestion] Color Chat for Residence Owners

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by EnderMagic1, Nov 1, 2015.

?

Good Idea?

+1 29 vote(s) 87.9%
-1 4 vote(s) 12.1%
  1. I think residence owners should be allowed for a color messages like staff do. For example, at ItsMeMatheus's Fist Fight Event on smp2(thanks for hosting),

I think it would be easier for players to manage their own events on their residence. I can't think of any problems with this, so comment!

EDIT: Also, adding these:
    BlinkyBinky likes this.
  2. /shout &aCome to the starting line please!

"You must be a residence admin to perform this command."

I like it... +1 :)
  3. No, not like cross server messages, just on chat residence.
  4. I know, I was suggesting /shout be the command used to "shout" in colors in your residence... though that wouldn't work now that I think of it... /resshoout (/rs) maybe?
  5. I voted -1 because the idea of players doing crazy color text annoys me, but I can see this being acceptable with some restrictions:
    -Works ONLY in Residence chat
    -Uses a fixed color, so owners aren't talking in rainbows
    -Can be toggled off with /ps, for both parties (players can choose not to view "colored" R-chat, owners can select whether they're speaking in Announcement-mode or just chatting.)
  6. Maybe a timer to prevent abuse of colors?
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.
  7. +1,
    This would be great! I think it could be done too.
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  8. You could just do something like this: &1 [MessageHere]

Like all of this. :D
    iNachos10 likes this.
  9. +1 Could help players make announcements on residences easier.
  10. This, with this:
    iNachos10 likes this.
  11. Its always a problem when lots of people are on your res and the chat is getting filled, then you try to say stuff but people don't see it +1
  12. To make it only one color maybe do this:
    /rs dark_purple Right guys. Now for the drop party
    ItsMeChespin and BlinkyBinky like this.
  13. No, I think you should put the color symbols in front. Like this: &1 Lets Party!
    I think that's how staff type it.
  14. This is Kephras's comment just stole it hehehehe......
  15. To prevent overuse, it could be limited to just being a supporter perk. It might get annoying if people use it too much, but other than that I think its a good idea :)
  16. we have it on track to consider, but if we do it, it won't have a PS setting as thats unnessary, and it would be a fixed color, and only done if the res admin uses a diff command

maybe going to extend the staff /resshout command to be usable by supporters on residences they have admin on

If someone having a non white color message is that bothersome to you, you can simply leave the Residence :p
    ShelLuser and fBuilderS like this.
  17. Yes yes yes yes yes yes YES!
    Lov ya aiks
    ItsMeChespin and BlinkyBinky like this.
  18. Glad this might be added, but it will be a supporter perk. :(
    Well, time to keep using these: >> (to get player's attention xD)