[Suggestion] Change way old players return that have no res.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Hey EMC,

I have seen this many times, and I thought I would make a suggestion in hopes it can be expanded to help returning players.

Have you ever seen or been in the place where you join after say 3 months, and your res is gone. In most cases players forgot what the commands where and what everything is like, and even more for those who went to the wild, and left right after joining.

This suggestion would spawn them in say a room where there are 2 options, One to skip the tutorial, and another to retake it, but upon finishing the tutorial they would spawn where they where when they logged back on.

Let me know what you think,

~Finch
  2. +1 I like this idea... but what if after this time you could do a complete start over and player wipe? i.e. no invrtery no chests ect. I know that some people who didn't understand the money and so after three days are penniless and quit cuz "its no longer fun" so maybe like a total removal/reset?

also if yall think my idea goes to far I still really like Finches idea :)
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  3. +1

It would be helpful if returning players got a bit of help, the chat isn't active all the time. I've also had my moments when I was either AFK or too busy and then only later learned about people asking questions and leaving. A quick /res list <player> learned me more. Maybe not even a room but a warning could help: "You've been gone for a long time. You can use /v open + /claim to get a new res. and /tutorial to relearn the commands.".

Good thinking Finch!
    gladranger7 and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  4. The reason for the room I had in mind was more or less for players out of town, hence why it would respawn them where they where, if they wish to travel back to town, or stay out of town.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. +1, that's a fantastic idea, because getting back to town can take a while, especially from some bases in the frontier.
    gladranger7 likes this.
  6. The system already prompts users that are returning with varying degrees of info based on how long they were gone for.
  7. Seems like they don't pay attention. lol