[SUGGESTION] Building in reset zones according to rank

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AlexC__, Apr 10, 2013.

?

Do you support this idea?

Yes, I do 7 vote(s) 31.8%
No, I don't 8 vote(s) 36.4%
Perhaps with a few alternations (please suggest them!) 7 vote(s) 31.8%
    1. There's nothing to stop people with the appropriate ranks, building an Obsidian wall or some other ridiculous obstruction
    2. There is nothing to stop it from becoming messy anyway as some people might treat it like their personal mine
    3. You'd still have griefing issues unless the areas were broken down into Wild claimable Residences, of a sort. Supporter Rank does not automatically infer they can be trusted
    4. There would still be the disaster area, but now, instead of having it concentrated fairly close to the spawn, you'd have to go past all the random creations built by supporters, then get past the disaster area, effectively doubling the amount of damage caused, one way or another
    5. You're relying on player participation. The vast majority of EMC do not access these Forums and wouldn't understand the 'Good neighbour' approach required to make this work
    It's a nice idea, but I don't find the concept or execution of it feasible.

I still stand by the easiest way to fix it, is to make the surface layer un-mineable, and to have big, fancy access shafts that are protected builds that allow descent below the surface where you can mine as normal. Hide the damage.
    M4nic_M1ner, mba2012 and AlexChance like this.
  1. Some more very valid points. :) I like that idea too.
    I don't get this though; how is this not possible as the wild currently is? (Volt might know ;) )
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. It's currently possible, but I'm just highlighting it again to show the fact that if you say to someone: "You can build here, and only people of your rank can build here" then they might build something more creative and more structural than what you currently find in the Reset area.

An Obsidian wall, replace it with anything from a house, a creative build, whatever. Essentially some form of obstruction, but now, only those supporters with the right rank can remove it / adjust it, and then, is that griefing?
    mba2012 and AlexChance like this.
  3. Right now if someone builds an obsidian wall (or lava wall) around the spawn I can either build around it or destroy it to get by, but if a diamond supporter builds an obstruction where I can't build or destroy, I can do nothing to get by.

Also, a simple 2 deep hole becomes a permanent prisson if outside the teleport zones (and no ender eyes available).

Other than that I don't mind this idea at all, it's the kind of idea I think should be implemented on a server to test the reaction of the players and see if it really helps with the war zone, since I doubt we can correctly assest all its implications before testing it.
    AlexChance likes this.
  4. I like it sounds like a cool idea XD
  5. I like the idea :)
  6. We already have two plans that are much simpler: The new mining worlds and the PRA's. Wait until the new worlds are available, the PRA's reset, and people get used to it, then we should consider whether any more than that is necessary.
    SkyDragonv8 and AlexChance like this.
  7. Don't you guys have the Utopian Wild?
    kevdudeman likes this.
  8. I think most of the reasons why we wouldnt want to do this have been said, but just making it official I don't see us doing this.

It would honestly to me make us look like those other servers who are very clearly all about the money income and say screw gameplay.

Thats not the image we want for EMC. Money is good, but shouldnt burden the players :)