[Suggestion] Boss Treasure Bags (and some unique items to go in them)

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Ryko369, Dec 8, 2021.

?

What do you think?

Yes on both ideas! 1 vote(s) 14.3%
Yes on both ideas, but needs more work. 5 vote(s) 71.4%
Yes on treasure bags, but no on new items. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No on treasure bags, but yes on new items. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Ew, what awful ideas with no merit. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Idk, let's workshop this a bit more first. 1 vote(s) 14.3%
  1. So, I've been mulling over this idea for a bit. If you've ever played terraria on expert mode, you'll know what I'm talking about.
    But what I'm suggesting is that instead of bosses just spilling their guts all over the floor when they die, they instead drop a treasure bag for each player that did damage to it, and only that player can pick up their treasure bag. When you hold the treasure bag in your hand and right click, it gives you all the items you would have received from beating the boss, so still random and things.
    The treasure bag would also be a specific level, depending on the level the boss was beat at, eg diff 5 vs diff 10. Also, the bundle texture would be perfect for this.

So along with this, I want to also suggest that the treasure bag be guaranteed a custom item drop based on the boss at diff 5 or higher.
    Let me explain, I've been thinking about some new boss drops that could work for this. Honestly, while I like this idea, I'm not married to it, so I'd just as well take the treasure bags only.
    I've been thinking about the "classes" each boss is. The obvious ones are Marlix, a ranger, Momentus, a melee, and Sorgina, a mage. Less obviously, I've been thinking that Eyender is kind of like a summoner, since defeating his guardians is part of his mechanics, and he has those eyes of ender he throws at you.
    So the "items" that would be guaranteed to drop from each boss would be based on their class and be upgradeable.

For Eyender I was thinking an Eye of Ender item that summons an eye of ender for like 20 seconds that shoots an explosive projectile at enemies you attack. It has a cooldown between summons. It increases the damage dealt as it gets upgraded.

For Sorgina, She would drop an infinite splash potion of poison, it would increase the level of poison damage with each upgrade and would have a decently long cooldown between throws.

For Momo, He would drop an iron sword that starts at like sharpness I, but increases sharpness levels at upgrades and gets additional enchants like looting, sweeping edge, ect. Right clicking would fire an arrow with similar power to a crossbow. At the final upgrade could shoot 3 projectiles.

For Marlix, He'd drop a bow, with a knife attached. The bow would start at power I and increase in damage and gain other enchantments like infinity and flame. The knife would start off doing wooden sword level damage and increase to about iron sword damage at final upgrade.

All of these items would be final, soulbound and unbreaking. To upgrade to the next level you need to get 9 total of each one. So level 2 requires 9 level 1 items, and level 3 requires 9 level 2 items, ect.
    That sounds like a lot, but I want these items to be fairly powerful, but quite difficult to obtain the max level of them.
    The treasure bags would be guaranteed to drop at least one of these items with an increase in the chance of receiving more the higher level the treasure bag. And they'd only drop the item from the level 5 treasure bag onward.

Thanks for reading this far. Below I tried to answer some questions y'all might have about this.
    Q: Why treasure bags? What's wrong with the bosses just dropping items on the ground?
    A: I think it can be kind of annoying trying to divide loot among a group, especially at level 10, it's very random how many of each item drop. I feel that this is a good way to avoid having people fight over loot, it's also a common practice in many games where you have groups taking on bosses together. Another reason is I think it will promote people grouping up and taking on bosses at level 10 together, and I feel it will make boss hunting way more exciting.

Q: So why include new items with the treasure bag idea?
    A: Because I felt like having a good reward be guaranteed from a treasure bag is a cool idea. It helps make fighting bosses exciting and desirable. It gives a strong reason to go out and hunt bosses again more than just "having fun." I also realize that not every player can take on level 10 bosses solo, so I want to provide ideas that promote fighting them in a group and still be rewarding for all members of the group.

Q: How did you arrive at these ideas?
    A: It took me 20 minutes to defeat a diff 5 Sorgina last night and all I got was 2 dragon stone frags and a spark. I felt like that was a huge waste of time considering that Sorgina's an obnoxious boss to fight. I feel like every fight should be worth it, while still keeping some elements of randomness. So I decided to mull over some solutions. I had already thought of some of these ideas before, but had never considered them too seriously.

So, at the end of things, I'm fairly certain all of these thing are possible to code in minecraft, but y'know, I'm still learning how to do it myself, so I'm not 100% positive. Anyway, hope you didn't mind the long read and made it to the end.
  2. Nifty ideas. One of the things I see is the knife on the bow being a problem since EMC just takes normal vanilla items and enhances them for promos but the knife bow isn't a vanilla item.
  3. would it be able to be coded to simply increase the damage a bow does by hand?
    Ryko369 likes this.
  4. Noice idea, i will get more things by boss hunting, right? I like this idea.
    Ryko369 likes this.
  5. That was my thought as well. If you could up the melee damage of just swinging the bow / like a punch.
    Ryko369 likes this.
  6. This got me hooked. I think EMC is due for new things, so a new survival update would be perfect for these items. And a lot of people are playing Minecraft again due to 1.18's release, right? Any new stuff would bring old/new players to EMC.
    Merek_Shadower and Ryko369 like this.
  7. This is more or less what I was thinking. How to code it? I couldn't tell you. But considering some of the things we have on emc already, I feel it's within the realm of possibility.

So, anybody who reads this thread, how do you feel about these items balance wise? Are they too OP, too weak? Not interesting enough?

I was doing some more thinking, and Sorgina's item could also be a dragon breath potion(same as the one she uses to attack) or even like the wabbajack where it just throws out a random effect.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  8. I got the idea of the difficulty of the loot bag being in the title, so that one could use it as a trophy. +1 for the bags, and +1 for the idea of more progression based items like sorgina's gem! The specific items themselves would definitely have to be esplor'd a bit more than where they are now tho