[SUGGESTION] Blocking and Friending Players on Forums

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by wisepsn, Jul 6, 2013.

1. I really wish people could let the picture die. It is rude, just like the "Not sure if serious or just rolling" pic. I'm sorry but, even though you choose the bottom one, most of you responses to suggestions or any thing is just "how about no?" I am sick of seeing this and it has already been publicly banned on the forums. I really wish you could just sthap. Pls. It is making me go le rant. :p
    No hard feelings, right Jacob? :)
    wisepsn likes this.
  2. the point was that this has been suggested and widely disregarded. and that aikar has said he will not implement features (he was referring to in game but it applies here as well) that limits peoples interaction. if someone is breaking rules by spamming or being rude report them, otherwise the block/friend/ignore feature is not necessary and is generally a bad idea.
    additionally i wrote the point of each of those links prior (its the white text)
    also "facebook like features" is in the suggestion guide and thus should not be suggested
  3. Ingame is not nessicarly the same as forums. Can you /group with forums? Can you follow people ingame. No. Therefor it does not apply here. I don't think it is a bad idea,(the block idea), and so do others say.
    brickstrike likes this.
  4. actually you can group in forums lol we are in a group right now technically. interaction spans both forums and servers so it more likely then not does indeed apply to both. as for your last point, people support all kinds of bad ideas just look at history so thats largely irrelevant.

all in all this is my opinion with links and libelous quotes to back it up

5. On topic, the blocking idea is good, though it shouldn't be necessary. If a player is causing you such distress that you would have to block him so thoroughly, perhaps a mod should deal with it?
    mba2012 and bitemenow15 like this.