suggestion beacons

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MrClydeBarrow, Dec 5, 2016.

1. beacons at the spawn with speed and hop would be great.
    Unoski and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. +6.022E23
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Speed and Jump boost potions exist?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ChespinLover77 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. They also consume materials and are temporary.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  5. ye but doze r consumablez
    +6.6267005E-34
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. with this suggestion I was only thinking of them being placed at the frontier spawns
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Simple, yet why not? I don't see a reason not to.

+1
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. +9001
    Tyron87 likes this.
  9. I suppose this could work, as long it was only in the wild, not the waste as in the waste I could see it being exploited.
  10. How would it be exploited in the waste?
    Unoski likes this.
  11. The no mine zone in the waste is much smaller then wild. Pretty much the next block after the stairs is mining zone.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. How would it be exploited?
  13. I could see beacons out at the frontier spawns. <------ (Get it, you can SEE the beacons.) ...I'm tired right now.
  14. No clue, ask the person who said it might be. Might be better suited for the wild since you have to go much further out before you can start building.
  15. I'm a little in between with this, but not really a fan to be honest. My main problem: how would I turn it off again? There are plenty of wild areas where not having these perks is actually more useful (for example in 3 - 4 block high tunnels) and where jump boost would be a hindrance.

I could see this being used in town, but not so much outside town because it could give a little bit of an unfair advantage.

The waste for example: I agree that it could help to jump over the messy spawn areas which we sometimes have. True. But... you could also grab some protected blocks (polished stone variants for example) and repair those damages so that players can get easier & better access.
  16. As the protected area is extremely small you might still be able to get it in he waste
  17. I don't see why not, it would be nice, but even if it were full beacon platforms (Which EMC won't do.) It still would not reach very far out. Also, anyone know of a Mesa that has not been obliterated?
  18. The price to pay for luxury
    LBoss9001 likes this.