[Suggestion] Allow view-only in Controversial Section

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Eulenax, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Hello :)

I've got (what I believe to be) a fairly simple request; allow players to view, but not make threads or posts in, the Controversial Topics section of the forums.

From this thread, "Empire Communication Forum Sign-Up":

I'm not currently opted in to the Controversial Topics section, but I presume all people opted in have Commentator, Poster, and Viewer privileges.

If implemented, I'm not sure exactly how staff would like to handle it (as a different opt-in system, as a "time-out" of sorts for players causing issues, etc.).

Thanks for reading :)
    FunWart
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  2. This is something I feel that might be needed in this but I also think some people want to make threads like them so I am +0 right now
  3. No I dont think this is necessary. They were already whitelisted and now those few EMCers that actually are in the controversial threads section. If certain people deemed by staff or even themselves to pose issues to the section they can either be removed by staff or remove themselves.

Its called control and people need to learn it.
    ConductorConduit and AltPunisher like this.
  4. Entirely unnecessary. It's already opt-in. If you can't control yourself or remember to rationally debate, you simply shouldn't be in there and have the choice to remove yourself or be removed by staff.
    FadedMartian likes this.