[Suggestion] Allow Res Admins to Default Flags

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PenguinDJ, May 14, 2015.

?

Allow Res Admins to Default Flags?

+1 4 vote(s) 100.0%
+0 0 vote(s) 0.0%
-1 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. So, yeah, pretty simple suggestion as you probably read from the title: allow res admins to set flags to default with /res default.

Uses? Well, I don't want to get on my alt to clear flags... if there was a griefing at your friend's place, you'd have to set flags to false individually.

In addition, I suggest making /res default no longer affect res admins.

Let me know what you think.

-PenguinDJ
  2. I'm mixed. On the one hand those who share res's with alts or with people they trust could find this 100% useful.

But on the other hand, the admins could manipulate the flags to kick everyone except the owner of the res off the res. So if you got a partnership between four people on a mall and one of the non-owning partners gets ticked over something, he can throw the other two out (essentially firing them) without the owner having any authority over the matter.
  3. I'm not too sure. There are two reasons which could cause problems. The first being that if an admin issues this command they'd also lock themselves out. So in your case (alt) you'd eventually have no choice but to log on and clear those flags anyway.

The other reason why I'm a little hesitant here is because I can't help wonder that it gives admins a little too much power. In my example I have a very complicated setup of flags on my residence and the last thing I'd want is for someone to "panic remove" it because that might cause me a lot more work in the longer run.

Another reason I say this is because it's relatively easy to remove all flags from someone. Say someone has build, container, use and breed flag and is now abusing this to such extends that you want them removed. All it takes is one command: /res pset name_of_offender build,container,use,breed remove.

So although I wouldn't oppose such an idea I also can't help wonder if it would really have the intended benefits.
  4. It should still affect res admins... Hell, I removed your admin earlier when you finished with the job. It could work in some situations though.