[Suggestion] /afk

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Faithcaster, Dec 28, 2012.

?

How do you like the /afk mode ?

Love it 36 vote(s) 92.3%
Rawr, it sucks 3 vote(s) 7.7%
  1. Is that even possible?
  2. Sounds like a great idea! :D
  3. Haha the night of the 1.4.6 update at like 3am Central time he came on and said something like "Now that all the major bugs are fixed, I can go to sleep" Haha it was kinda funny.

But really guys, in a lot of suggestion threads I'm seeing things that probably aren't very easy or possible to implement, so keep that in mind " How could this be add/ Does this seem like you it could be added? Or is it too complex?"
  4. Actually, that is already in place on the servers.
    But only comes back in to play once the server is getting close to the limit.
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  5. Oh yeah that's right, I remember hearing that actually :)
  6. What about when you press Tab, the AFK person's name is a specific color like pink or a color that isn't used by supporters or mods. It could also have a small symbol or shape near that player's name to show he/she is AFK.
  7. A different colour? Yes.
    A symbol next to the name? Don't think that is possible, at least not on the TAB menu.
  8. Well there is always the issue I've seen where if a name is too long it's plain regardless :(
  9. Yeah I kinda thought that, but didn't put a lot of thought into it.
  10. When a EMC server is full, and a player stays still for more than 10 minutes, they are kicked to make room for other players. I believe this is disabled for supporters...
  11. As far as I'm aware it is still there for supporters.
    But it makes little difference, we can just join right back in again lol.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  12. Yes! Enabling /afk mode would be so useful.

2 thumbs approval d=:D=b
  13. Good idea! That way I don't talk to people that are afk :)
  14. When I was iron in March I remember never being kicked - the servers were always 60/60 back then.
  15. It's a good idea, but i would prefer getting a little message back like - SoulPunisher is afk -

Any thoughts from the staff ?
  16. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it will definitely prevent players from pretending they are AFK when they are actually not.
  17. From the /afk commands I've seen, if you move while in /afk you will be removed from the /afk state.
  18. just add it already (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ (joke , good idea faith)