{suggestion} add teleport to wild outpost

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by aletrisrex, Jul 28, 2022.

1. How about add teleport to wild outpost with a teleporter back to emc outpost in wild? It would took far less time compared just travelling lots of blocks

It's like, when you visit you just type /v (outpost name) and you will be teleported to teleport set in your outpost
    Or if you want travel back town you can type /v (emc outpost direction) or step above it
  2. i has updated, mark it as two way teleport, mean you can teleport back into emc outpost and vice versa
  3. No, it is not.
  4. oh sorry my mistake
  5. Wasn't there talk of it possibly being an option? I remembering reading something about it.
    HazardousCode likes this.
  6. It was, then it wasn't so I quote "No, it is not" lol

There was discussion of it long ago around when we were setting up our outpost. In fact we never planned to improve our rails to our outpost because we thought that the TP to and from was going to be implemented. The idea was there but after discussions and or decisions it was determined not to happen because (at the time of that discussion) it was deemed to OP. The idea of denying it was that it would become to easy to TP to your base, load up on afk items, TP back to town and tank the market with whatever item your farming. Things have changed since that discussion but if I remember correctly it was already nixed before that conversation even happened. I think this was all said around 2014 - 15. I am going off of memories of that convo when it was around then.

IMO on this matter now - EMC has always been a travel to whatever destination you wanna go to by your own power. There are no /TPA or /RTP or any sort of TelePorts outside of town like other servers use and I think EMC should remain that way. There are some days I wish I could TP back and forth but I also love how not having that option is a part of what makes EMC different, even if it seems too slow for some players. By keeping things the way they are the wild maps aren't explored as fast in far away areas.
    LindenNZ, ThaKloned and Tuqueque like this.
  7. This has nothing to do with the "Empires" update. Empires are not Outposts.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  8. the feature to teleport to your Empire's Outpost is planned in the roadmap, but a long ways away for now.

Hopefully, Chicken will finish the Empires update soon, and after that is settled and land claiming/outpost update is on the horizon, we'll get our wishes :)
    HazardousCode likes this.
  9. once again we players are confused as to which part of the plans is being talked about where.

I understand that there is a lid on the details being worked on behind the scenes, as to not cause further disappointments when/if something cannot be released. But there was an old roadmap/plan to what outposts would become and there was a word for it.

If we understand that "Empire" = the Guild of Players; But now that an "Empire" =/= "Outpost" ...??

Except that is the word that used to be used for the plan. So ... what is the correct "word" for what outposts will be called? Maybe that would help with the confusion. Are they Kingdoms or something?
    ThaKloned and SoulPunisher like this.
  10. If no definitions/goals have changed in the past 4 years, Empires is and only will be a group of players which is persistent across SMP. Similar to Guilds in mmorpgs, or clans in Clash of clans. This is update #1

The second update: Reffered to as LandClaiming or Outpost update is the where these Empires will be able to claim land in the /wild. To my knowledge these will remain with the name Outpost.

The place where we see the most change when Empires comes would be the [TAG] before one's names in chat (not trying minimize the importance of laying out the base for the Empire system)
    chat will change from
    C-8 Tuqueque: Hello
    to
    C-8 [PWU] Tuqueque: Hello

Outpost/LandClaiming will be basically similar to a residence in the /wild

But yeah, as you said a long time has passed since the road map, so some features might be different or not at all present when we get them. Still excited for them though.

tldr: friends can create an Empire (group/guild/clan/club) in update 1; which will be able to claim land to officially form an Outpost (settlement, base, physical area) in update 2;

Used sources: