[Suggestion] A Reading Podium

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ThaKloned, May 7, 2020.

1. I know there are a few libraries out there and I think this would be a cool addition. Right now there is no way to read books other then buying them and [ MESSAGE ] signs only work for the first page.

The idea is that you place down a single chest or a shulker and you put what ever books you want inside. You then place a lecturn on top (maybe similar item to remote shop sign) and when I user clicks on the lecturn, it opens a GUI for them. They could then see all the books inside and click on one of them would allow them to read it.

I think this would be a great addition and maybe more people would want to use it.

Thoughts? Additions?
    Lianail, Eviltoade and Milosaurus_Rex like this.
  2. Why does a lectern not work to read?
    ThaKloned likes this.
  3. i think in this case ThaKloned means being able to read multi books rather than 1 per block with the lectern

i could be wrong tho
    ThaKloned likes this.
  4. Didn't even know that in vanilla, a lectern could do this. Learn something new everyday.

As The Fryedmans mentioned it would be expanded to choose from many books in one SC/shulker.
  5. Like previewing books?
    ThaKloned likes this.
  6. The GUI would basically be what you see when you open up a chest. So all the different books would be there, you'd see the title of all the books, as you would normally, and then you could select which ever book you wanted to read.
  7. Yes, neat idea. I did build a library with the new lecterns though, and they are fantastic!
    607 and ThaKloned like this.