[suggestion] a new command

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by TheJuniorMint, Feb 21, 2016.

1. My suggesting would also be to keep that limited to economy chat. True story: people have also come up to me asking me if I'd like to buy stuff, sometimes because I've bought something from them in the past. But the moment when that happens (and especially when I'm in the middle of talking to friends) then you're not making a good impression on me and I'm more inclined to remember your name in order to ignore it (sounds harsh, no offense) than thinking "gee, I should look him up again!".

I like your thinking but there's something you should keep in mind: "Many small things can make one larger thing.".

Now, this is easily said than done but just as an example... Say you went out mining in the Nether and got a good load of quartz. Because you plan to go big you immediately craft it into quartz blocks and also apply some variations (blocks, pillar blocks, slabs, etc.).

Now you're going to approach staff and the supporters individually. You charge (only examples!) 20r for a quartz block. After asking around you find 3 staff members and 4 supporters willing to buy a block from you. So you made 60 + 80 = 140r.

But what would happen if you were to sell nether quartz instead? Of course there are no guarantees but... Say you charge 5r for nether quartz. And this time you don't target individual players but use economy chat, across all servers.

Our previous mentioned staff & supporters could still use quartz so they're buying. But this time you also attract the attention from other players. Some Shell dude needs comparators so he's buying 2, some other dude has 3 nether quartz and is 1 short to make a block; so he's also buying. All in all you also attract several other customers who are willing to pay 5r. Say... I buy 2, and you find 8 more players who buy 1 nether quartz.

Now you made: 140r + 2*5 (Shell) + 9*5 = 140 + 10 + 45 = 195r.

Of course its not always going like this. You may very well end up with a nice stock and no buyers, but even so... Its sometimes more beneficial to try and attract as many customers as you can while selling something for a lower price (which makes it more appealing) than trying to make a few sales for a higher price.

Just my 2 cents here of course.