[SUGGESTION] 4 ways of dealing with locking items in the wastelands

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Astromath1959, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Currently, locking an item requires a "lock" sign which costs 1,000r.

Problem, I had 20 shulkers in a 4x5 grid on the floor of my base. Adding a sign to each one would cost me 20,000r and would be a mess. I also would occasionally break the shulker to bring back to my residence in town when full. Putting up another lock sign on a replacement shulker would cost another 1,000r. It would eat up all the rupees I'm earning through voting.

Suggestion 1: Have items be auto-locked against players of a lower supporter level. Example: Any non-supporter would not be able to open an item set down by an iron supporter or above. Add a player setting to allow others (such as friends) to have access to those locked items without the use of signs. Only use signs to allow friends or groups to use certain items.

Suggestion 2: Get rid of the lock signs altogether in favor of a command to lock/unlock items. It would work along the lines of placing the crosshair on the item to be locked. Type /lock [playername] to lock the item and /unlock [playername] to unlock the item. Playername is option and equals everyone if left out.

If you want to lock the item to everyone except a friend, type /lock Astromath1959.
    If the item is already locked to everyone and you only want to unlock the item so a friend can use it, then type /unlock Astromath1959.

Suggestion 3: Have all items already locked. Put up signs to unlock them for friends or groups.

Suggestion 4. It would be great if there was something like the residence flags for the wastelands. Just define 2 corners of a rectangular boxed area and have it set up as a temp residence that gets reset when the wastelands get reset. Instead of /res, the command would be /tres (short for temp res) and all the res flags could then be used with the /tres command. Thus, claiming an area, you would first type /tres claim, then choose a block using the mouse wheel (if the block is in the air, then pile up blocks up to the point you want to claim), then choose a 2nd block using the same. The command line would then read /tres claim x1,y1,z1 x2,y2,z2. Once you are satisfied, hit enter. This would claim the area as a temp residence. To unclaim the temp residence just occupy the area and type /tres unclaim.

Each suggestion has its pluses and minuses. But I personally like suggestion 4 the best.

P.S. Suggestions 1 & 2 could be combined into one suggestion.
    W1therRex likes this.
  2. Put a protected block under and over the chests? That's what I do.
  3. option 4 sound interesting! I think you should feedback to emc staff for them to add this as well :)
    (I use protected lock or lock sign, both isn't good idea) (one is reduce athelestics, other is reduce rupees)
  4. You can lock 54 Shulkers for 1 k. Just put them in a chest and lock the 1 chest. You can also add up to 2 more names to 1 locked chest. Or you can lock shulkers for free. Simply place a protected block over the top of the shulker so only the person(s) with your block break can break the block then open it.

I see no need to add in the suggestions with so many work arounds available. However that is quite clever thinking.
    UltiPig and KatydidBuild like this.
  5. Since I have so many shulkers, that would also be problematic for me.
  6. Use 2 chests for 2k and hold 108 Shulkers.
    MissBonnieParker likes this.
  7. When mining in the waste I just place an enderchest full of shulker boxes to put my stuff in. Free and the enderchest is auto protected.
  8. That may be true, however, it still would be a pain to take them out of the chest, set them down, use them, break them when done, and put them back. It may be efficient money-wise, but not time-wise. It also wouldn't protect other items currently in use such as a working furnace.
  9. Go get a claim then. I mean seriously, you complain it's too costly to put locked signs on. You complain it's too much work to use shulkers as intended. You shoot down everyone's suggestion trying to help you. Not just this post but almost every other 1. Everyone else, myself included have no issues trying to lock or conceal shulkers and I promise you they, myself included have more shulkers to deal with lol. You're only talking about 20 shulkers! Not even a SC of them. Big whoop. Not a big deal to use as suggested.
    MissBonnieParker, Fred_TWK and Burki like this.
  10. Making suggestions are acceptable though.
    Even when the current situation works
  11. Use an easy to break block like slime blocks. They're instabreak with your fist. Or grass blocks are pretty quick if you have a good shovel.
  12. shulkers can be broken with any tool or by hand.
    kelp blocks are fuel/blocks and are quick break, no tools.

dont leave valuables in the furnace or use a hopper to funnel them into a locked container
    Merek_Shadower and Fred_TWK like this.
  13. shulkers can be broken with any tool or by hand.
    kelp blocks are fuel/blocks and are quick break, no tools.

dont leave valuables in the furnace or use a hopper to funnel them into a locked container