[Suggestion] 1.7 Wilderness

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by wisepsn, Oct 26, 2013.

?

Yay or nay

Yay 12 vote(s) 48.0%
Nay 8 vote(s) 32.0%
On the fence(post in comments) 5 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. Well maybe we don't need an extra wilderness. A great idea would be if we had an regular outpost (like west and east) that goes to unloaded chunks.
  2. I really don't want there to be new outposts because I personally have a base far out and if there were new outposts, it would cause people to be closer to my base :(
    jacob5089 and Luckygreenbird like this.
  3. this is true but then there wont be to many recourses and a lot less adventuring
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  4. I say it would be nice to have new outposts that are in unloaded chunks.
  5. true but im talking about the part that all the already loaded chunks still exist
  6. http://track.empire.us/issue/EMC-294
    Also, perhaps they could be set to be at least twice further than anyone has ever travelled?
    wisepsn likes this.
  7. That is a good idea. I can see that making every one happy.
  8. Yeah, now that i think about it, my outposts that are near unloaded chunks could be griefed easier now, if the 1.7 outposts came. This is why I made the OP, it would be a separate world, not an outpost.
  9. With reference to my earlier suggestion,
    An extra world seems quite unnecessary, seeing as we have a practically infinite amount of land to generate.
    billbob352 likes this.
  10. it would be EXTREMELY nice to have a newly generated world, i would honestly move everything i have in the old one, to the new lands.. i support this.
  11. Why do people want the new biomes to make outposts so much closer to spawn? It's far better, and safer, to build your adventuring outpost 5k+ blocks from spawn...

I agree, the staff should create a new teleportation outpost in the NW, SW, SE and NE.
    SkidzGaming likes this.
  12. I went 5k outwards out of spawn. I am making a outpost right now. If we do get the 1.7 teleportation outposts, I am in a higher risk to be griefed. We need the teleportation outposts to be 2x away from the unloaded chunks, like Rainbowchin said.
  13. The one problem that I see with regenerating the worlds would be the staff would have to give people a ton of time to move their items into town, that or allow them access to their vaults in the wild for free to facilitate the move. Me personally, I would go for this as it would then allow me to have access to the new items while remaining way out in the wild like I currently am. The main thing that would annoy me would be tearing down my farms and such and all that I have built so far. Willing to do it though. The end could remain untouched though as I don't think anything was changed there. Also if they made egging free for a short time to facilitate people with large breeding farms to be able to gather up their animals/villagers that would help a ton also. My only concern would be if I was not able to remain in the wild where I am currently at. Then that would be an issue.
  14. This just sounds like you are too lazy to travel to unloaded chunks. It really isn't that hard if you are trying to make a base…
  15. It's been fully assured that the frontier as we know it now will never be reset again (one of the reasons why wastelands was brought in). What we are discussing is the possibility of another 1.7 frontier world, or even better, setting up new extra outposts at least twice as far as anyone has ever gone, to allow quick access to new 1.7 land.
  16. I am already at unloaded chunks.. I made a base next to it.
  17. I am personally against it because I just moved 100k+ from spawn to reach unexplored area to start my new base for 1.7, if you want easy 1.7 access use the Frontier or move farther out in the Wilderness.
    Luckygreenbird and samsimx like this.
  18. Bump :p I do indeed think there could be a compromise that makes everyone happy. we can't leave those few unhappy and maybe leaving the empire.(I doubt though)