Status Update: EMC Lag

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jan 10, 2014.

1. I have the headstart and I'm 11.....
  2. Congratulations. But not everything needs to be a competition okay?
    mba2012, jrm531, Gadget_AD and 3 others like this.
  3. Mojang wrecked Minecraft for me. The changes they make are too drastic and they introduce them too fast. If they went a little slower with all the big changes, I would still be playing Minecraft for more than 2 hours a day.
  4. I was 9 years old when I started doing basic coding. Who has the real head start, me or you?...
    Not everything is a competition.
  5. Have you been able to rule out hardware failure? I'm sure Ubuntu has drive seek time utilities.

I'm guessing you have already checked tons of stuff. Good luck!
  6. This is new hardware, and problems existed before the new hardware.

SMP 8 is also on same hardware and doesnt have problems.

I'm believing theres something wrong with the Frontier Nether chunk files at the spawn point that makes them take longer to load.

Likely due to the world being generated by a plugin when we did the world resets....
  7. That seems pretty specific. Are you saying that the server only lags while the frontier nether is loading? Are the chunks excessively large, or causing errors? This is interesting, wish I could be more help.
  8. I go through the frontier nether spawn on smp7 fairly often, and I have to say, it does take a while to load. I'm not 100% sure whether is my internet, computer or what, but I'm always noticing that it's slow to load. Plus it's a fairly busy place, with people going between town and the LLO,