Starting supplies for players who lose res to derelict policy

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MrsWishes, Jun 26, 2014.

1. This is a good idea, as long as what they receive is balanced, as others have said.
    I would like to add to this in advocating more information to those who return to EMC. Here are a few ideas:
    1. A Wiki page specifically designed for returning players, explaining the easy ways to get going again (find a shop to sell items to, go out and mine, start a vegetable farm, etc.). Provide a link to this page when an inactive player logs on.

2. Maybe let them choose which "package" of items they would like to receive, tailored to the activity they would engage in. If they want to go fight mobs, give them some armor and sword (Iron!, not diamond), if they want to go mine then give them a pick and some torches, if they want to farm give them a hoe and a couple of each of the common seeds.... that sort of thing.

3. Aikar mentioned that there is typically something offered if someone lost their residence. I was in this situation and didn't realize that. I wasn't one to complain and ask for a handout because I knew it was my fault and that there are multiple ways to keep from going derelict, including notifying Staff of an extended leave-of-absence. If this sort of help is to be offered in a fair manner to all, I would suggest a logon message for a couple of days after a player returns notifying them of the help that's available to them. Or incorporate it into #1.
  2. ^thats not a bad idea
    returning members page +1
    probably a conglomeration of that kind of package or even enough iron wood and torches to do what you need
    i think the thing aikar was talking about is that there are alot of players (not me cause ima jerk) more then happy to help out
  3. As someone that just lost everything due to going derelict, I'd really appreciate this.
  4. All players have to do is store their items in their inventory/vault. Then going derelict you don't lose a thing!
    I have helped out returning players, as well as new players who needed some items.

Remember, if people indicate that they are returning (or even new) and you help them out, maybe you will make a friend, maybe not. But its a cold day if I see someone asking for help on 7 and I don't at least try to help em.
    607 likes this.