Star Wars is back!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SpaceShuttleFan, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Will they stop whoring out the franchise already! I can't tell if your trolling when you say you haven't seen any of them. But just watch 4-6; 1-3 are terrible.

Edit: I am reminded of an episode of South Park where Lucas and Spielberg are arrested because they raped Indiana Jones (referring to the 4th IJ movie).
  2. Disney bought the rights, and plan to make a SW 7

You half to watch them in order tho
  3. "More Jar-Jar, please!" --no one, EVER
  4. Many people argue over the order to watch them. I am of the opinion that you should watch them in the following order: 4, 5, 6 (And if you want to watch the crappy prequel trilogy) 1, 2, 3 (You should then watch 4, 5, and 6 again to see how things connect).
    battmeghs likes this.
  5. There making another one? That's stupid. The movies are based on the books (or so I think) and I don't believe there is a 7th book even. And since Disney bought it, well we might as well put a sticker on it that says for little kids only. At least make it about the old republic I don't wanna see some dinosaur Luke talking to some dinosaur Han Solo while Luke teaches some new kid the force, it's just stupid! I wanna see the old republic!
  6. Star War were movies before they were books. I agree, make an old republic movie of you so have an inclination as to make one.
    penfoldex likes this.
  7. You guys have never looked at a Disney movie closely,
    deprive people.
  8. Forget about what everyone else is telling you. If you've never seen any Star Wars, Machete order is the way to go (spoiler alert): http://static.nomachetejuggling.com/machete_order.html

[EDIT] Oh, in case you've been in a cave, Spoiler Alert at the link.
    Crazy1080 likes this.
  9. You know how hard that would be? But it would be really cool, if they did it right. Sacking of Coruscant…:cool:
  10. Hmm awesome always love Star Wars franchise. Should be interesting what this trilogy is going to be about. They can do right after return of the Jedi or something else but hopefully get good director for them
  11. George Lucas has the Star Wars franchise copyrighted until 2072 believe and they will make money off it until then.
  12. I can't believe I read the whole thing...
    supereskimo likes this.
  13. I don't really enjoyed 4,5,6 I liked just from 1-3
    Don't like to see movies older than me, most of them just makes me feel bad for some reason.
  14. Do what? Lol then you will missing out on so many good movies
  15. I for one am excited about a new star wars movie :D
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  16. I guess this makes Leia a Disney Princess now. I'm still waiting on the Spiderman/Winnie The Pooh crossover, now I guess we can add Darth Vader in there as well. Maybe Disney will mess this up and George will take it back like they did with Power Rangers and Saban.

Also prepare for a change now, don't most Disney movies have evil step mothers, not fathers? ;)

4,5 and 6 are still the best.
  17. Luke, I am your MOTHER!!!!
  18. Hmm, can anyone recall the Star Wars holiday special? For those that know of what I'm referring and have taken the time agony to actually watch it, they will know how bad things can go when Lucas wasn't really involved. This special is like jar-jar though, the whole world wishes it could be uninvented, including Lucas who's opinion can be best described by this paragraph:

George Lucas himself has reportedly said, "If I had the time and a sledgehammer, I would track down every copy of that show and smash it."[4] In an online chat with fans, he reportedly said: "The Holiday Special does not represent my vision for Star Wars." In an interview in the May 2002 Maxim magazine, when asked if there were plans for a Special Edition of the special, Lucas responded, "Right. That's one of those things that happened, and I just have to live with it."

The only good thing which ever came from this was the introduction of Boba Fett!
    You can find the holiday special on you tube with a quick search, but I warn you, you may die from watching it. :p