Stacked Zombie Virus Overwriting Items in Shulker Boxes

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by justjerbear, Aug 14, 2020.

1. I've discovered that if you place stacked zombie virus (that you obtain from Momentus or Engraged Zombies) inside a shulker box with other items, then break the box, and then place it again, the zombie viruses will have unstacked and overwritten other items in the box.

To recreate:
    1. Place stacked zombie virus in the first and second slot of the shulker. (I assume it will do the same with any number of slots, my test just used the first 2)
    2. Place other items
    3. Close box
    4. Break box back into inventory
    5. Place box again
    6. Open box.

I confirmed this with a stack of 7 and a stack of 2 zombie viruses placed in a shulker that was otherwise filled with carrots. Upon reopening the box, the 7 and 2 had expanded to 9 individual zombie viruses, deleting 7 of the carrots. I assume this would do the same thing even if I had a bunch of aikar and kryssy heads in the top row, and then I'd be a lot more disappointed. Could this be fixed? Thanks.

Screenshot Before:

Screenshot After:
    luckycordel, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. Also,

I have no more stacked zombie virus left to see if this happens in vault pages or regular chests also, perhaps someone could test that out?

Thanks.
  3. It is a shulker box glitch (but also not a glitch). The short of it, is that overly stacked items are no longer supported.
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  4. So you cannot normally stack zombie virus anymore? In that case, this likely won't be a big issue. Unless people try to keep stacked zombie virus around as a novelty but forget that it behaves like this. :p
    luckycordel likes this.
  5. You couldn't ever normally stack them. Technically. The only reason they exist is because of mob drops that have bypasses that limit.
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  6. So if I have a (full) container with unnaturally stacked items and I open said container, will it delete items from it? I'm now a bit scared to open a few pages of my vault...

Edit: nevermind; someone just explained to me over discord how vaults and shulkers are different lol
    607 and luckycordel like this.