Spore.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by synth_apparition, Aug 20, 2012.

1. No not really but thats probably because I'm derpy fromto much cheesecake :D
  2. Now it's my turn to ask what that is. What is that?
  3. Y U NO CHEESECAKE?
  4. I love SPORE, and I've had it since Septemberish 2008. Unfortunately, the community is more or less dead.
    Green_Mystery likes this.
  5. I have heard little about Spore since 2010...
  6. I got the game back years ago around when it first came out. Maybe not right away cause I wasn't going to pay a bunch for it. But yeah I had fun playing it for a while. Then I got to the space part and thought hey this will be fun.

After a couple days/weeks of playing

Seeing that new evil that you can either join with and have all the other planets hate you, or go against them and face their huge army. Which apparently you can never defeat at least what I heard online from many places.

That kinda made me see the actual scope of how much work it would be.

And seeing that in order to get to the "end" of the game you had to make it to the middle of the galaxy thing you had to go through so many planets or black hole thingys. I realized the only way I was going to "beat" this game was to play it non stop for weeks/months, possibly years doing the same boring stuff and trading spices and stuff. It kinda got me to the point of "yeah no." I wasn't planning on wasting my free time doing something like that.

I did end up playing it again like a few years later then go to the space thing and saw the thing I mentioned in the spoilers and that reminded me of it and was like. Meh that's enough for me. :p And I do remember what the poster before me mentioned about how the game was changed before it was released. I think that is what got me interested in it then was kinda put off by what the final product was.
  7. Galactic Adventure really helps Space Stage be less... yeah. Also, since the "evil" race owns over 2,400 star systems (and a grand total of over 5,000 planets) it is effectively impossible to wipe them out. Allying them, on the other hand, is a neat (yet difficult) challenge.