some players getting mean?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheRobotChicken, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I tested the amability of each server and these are the results (based on how many people says hello when you log in):
    Smp1: 2
    Smp2: -2
    Smp3: 0
    Smp4: 0
    Smp5: 1
    Smp6: 0
    Smp7: 1
    Smp8: 0
    Smp9: 0
  2. The only problem with that is the amount of people in the wild and nether. There can be 10 people on and possibly 5 in town, 2 in the nether and 3 in the wild or any combination.
  3. seeing as how there are no more than 20 players on each server not really a great time to check
  4. i never see robot on so i cant say hi :/
  5. There was actually 1 person at smp8... :p
  6. The larger we get, the less personal we become... It is a bit draining for anyone who comes here for the social interaction.. Just remember, the forums are a great way to find people you enjoy speaking with and then you can link up in game.
    Being Staff has its perks as far as having people to say hi to me but in addition, I deal with a lot more of the complaints of our members as well.. :) I have made friends both in the Staff and within the community itself. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here but I have also felt alone in the massive collection of players at times.. My major problem is IRL issues and coming here is an escape from that. :)
  7. What do you think of this? hehe
    IceCreamCowMagic.png
  8. In life it seems always better to focus on the good. There is plenty of bad to be found, so I do my best to not focus on it too much. Thanks to all who are friendly members of this community. Some days i feel very welcomed when logging on. When i have time i like to seek out new people (on smp4 where my res is) and offer them basic supplies and advice. I always look for something positive about their res to compliment them on and encourage, although it's often not hard to find, we attract lots of very creative people due to the no PVP rule and the town concept. I act friendly and I seem to keep making new friends.

Also, i have found that outpost communities in the wild are very friendly, but I often don't see anyone for hours when roaming in the wild, so it is a trade off. Either way some days are good and others are so so. Life.
    ZBSDKryten, Chascarrillo and Twitch1 like this.
  9. I would say it is fairly accurate. ;)
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  10. The thread is created. Click here
  11. Cheer up, trust me, I'm an old fogie and I can (just about lol) remember that when I was your age everything was either massively high - or low; especially how I thought other people thought about me. The fact is that most of this was in my own imagination.
    Bye the Bye, I noticed you're from Queensland - Back, before the dawn of time, in my hippy days, I lived (relatively speaking from England) for a while not far from there - near Yandina Creek (if you look up on Google Earth, and follow the Yandina - Coolum Beach road, on your left before you reach Yandina Creek, in that direction, you'll see a derelict canecutter's hut - my ex-home for 6 mths!:cool:)> I loved it there except for the flies :eek:. But we did feel quite literally on the other side of the world, remote from family and friends at home :(. In retrospect, the way things have gone in the UK over the last 40 years or so, I maybe made a mistake!
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  12. Looks like Kitty City time again.....
    thecontroller likes this.
  13. Robot! Dont leave..... I remember yesterday when I said something about ( not telling ) and you said me!

:)
  14. lol on utopia right? U said who are we gunna let in the city and I said me because I wanted to be friends with u
  15. I was supposed to say that in private, but we can be friends! :)
  16. well i say hi to people if im no busy or afk
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  17. Yeah, that research was not very accurate; I shall do it again when more ppl is connected
  18. stuff has been different. when i joined and smp2 came out, everybody was friends with everybody, and even if there was a mod on everyone would scream HEY! whenever anybody came on. then i left for utopia and smp3 for less than a week and it changed almost like that. its just that more people are joining. notice how new teachers are usually really nice the first week, but then they get incredibly strict after a month? thats what i call the noob effect. it just burns out everybody by answering the same things over and over again from new people who dont read the guide.
    Twitch1 and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.